• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

It has become very apparant to me that many people who are concerned about reef ecology and reef environmental issues shoot their wounded. Please consider what you say and do and prove me wrong.

My sad observation,
-Lee

clarionreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But understand this distinction,
The difference in "concern" vs "marketing" an issue is generally lost on those futher from the core.
For example, we've all heard of scandal in the church, scandal in the White House and scandal on Wall Street.
Most shocking to me is scandal in "saving starving children" in some aid for Africa campaigns.
Do you think issues of our concern would be somehow exempt from this variety of human behavior?
Before the Green Party founder killed herself in Germany, she said "The Greens 'eat' their own children."
David Brower, co-founder of the Sierra Club got so sick of their yuppie, Bohemian myopia that he went on to form The Friends of the Earth. Then as their success claimed them and they morphed into self serving, funding obsessed "professionals" as well, he went on to form the Rainforest Action Network where he is today.
Having spent much of his life in the service of the planet and trying to unite people to do what is right...hes pretty old now and will probably stay put.
The internecine politics of reform in the aquarium trade has been dirty and nasty for a long time.
Real life events will hopefully improve and make a lot of this obsolete. No reformer is as good as the one who puts himself out of business.
Sincerely, Steve

clarionreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
COMON HARRY,
Tell us which noble, passion driven Eco Ngo you work[ed] for...,

Evidence of your commitment and concern is all over that last post. I knew there is good in you and just cannot be hidden!
Welcome unto the light my son. No need to wear a mask here.
Steve

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: