A

Anonymous

I recently recieved 14 soft coral fragments from Tropicorium. Should I just be placing these on my live rock in hope they'll eventually attach themselves or glue them on. If so, what type of glue is recommended. I've got a 58Gal tank with only 2 larger corals at present. (A green bubble and Anthelia Polyps)

A

Anonymous

depends what sort of corals they are. most soft corals you can trap with veil netting and use a rubber band to hold the netting. if you want to use glue, usually the gel type works better. if you want glue information, go to www.garf.org the have evaluated all sorts of glue and can help you out a lot on coral propagation and care. you can also "squish" the coral between two rocks.

A

Anonymous

Jim, just use the gel super glue from WalMart. I just glued some Xenia today. You'd think it would never work but it does. It seems like trying to glue a slimy, dripping chunk of Jello to a wet piece of rock but it *does* work!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: