Mickey

Long Time Lurker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any possibility of posting the lecture material on Thursday or Friday the week before the discussion rather than the Monday of the week? It would give us (me) more time to review the material.

Thanks.
Mickey

jamesw

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would seem that you are in a catch 22 here. If the lectures are issued earlier, you will want to discuss them earlier...naturally...
icon_smile.gif
I hope that makes sense...
icon_smile.gif
If we issued the lectures on a Friday, then I think people would start discussing them during the Sunday discussion...

You have to issue the lectures sometime, so we chose Monday. Same w/ the quizzes.

Let's see what Dr. Ron says.

Cheers
James

Mickey

Long Time Lurker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy, you are quick. Thanks.

Okay I'll give on that point. but here's another. How about getting page numbers on the pdf file and figure numbers on the illustrations. sometimes I get the pages mixed up when my cheapo inkjet jams. Also, in this weeks lecture I can't always match Ron's references to figures to the right photo just by counting. For instance, he references figure 76??? If I assume that is the last one, then what is the second to the last one? I had been numbering them by hand just in order.

Thanks again.
Mickey

rshimek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
Originally posted by jamesw:

Oh Ron? :)

Yes, Oh James....

I agree with your comments about posting.

Mickey,

There are typically only about 10 figures per lecture. More than that and the files get real big, real fast.

I try to number the sequentially, but sometimes the change from wpd to pdf format screws up the arrangement. It might be easier to number the by hand.

Green Lantern

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Along the lines of an posting the lecture earlier, how about being able to download them Sunday after the discussion? I know that I could certainly use the hours left on Sunday to advantage and right now with ten hour workdays I'm having a tough time getting even the lecture read (and somewhat comprehended) by Wed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: