rshimek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Folks,

I want to apologise to you all for missing Wednesday's discussion. Please post any questions you might have here and I will get to them as soon as I can.

About 4 PM on Wednesday (2 hours prior to the Discussion) I got an email with a virus that slipped through my Antivirus program. It took out my operating system and generally... p#$$@d me off...

I tried to patch something together for the discussion group, but there was just no joy in Mudville last night.

Sorry.

icon_sad.gif

ATJ

Old Sea Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ron,
Sorry to hear. Hope you have everything going now.

You'll pleased to know we actually went on with the discussion and had lots of valid questions. Chucker helped where he could.

Chucker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ron, I'm betting you got Badtrans, which I gave gotten almost 30 copies of from UBB users since Sunday. (It replies to everyone in your address book, and any unread email in your inbox. It is also worth noting that MS Outlook Express adds ppl that you reply to into your adress book by default, so this tends to multiply the # of ppl who get unwanted crap like this.
icon_mad.gif
) If you haven't already got things fixed, I'd suggest you look here for more info.

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: Chucker ]</p>

rshimek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Chucker,

Many thanks for your help.

Yes, it was "badtrans."

Sigh. I had updated my virus files last Thursday, but still this one got by.

Sheesh.

icon_biggrin.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: