desertreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. Ron,

You remember the old educational toy the "visible man"? Well, I just got to study the polychaete worm equivalent. I found a cool little polychaete living in a patch of hair algae in my sump. The body of the beast was so transparent I could clearly see the black "jaws". The really cool part was watching it extend the jaws, grasp some food and pull the jaws back into it's mouth. Too bad I can't get the little bugger to sit still long enough to get a good picture!

I ran my credit cards up buying both a stereo and compound microscope, but I'm sure having fun with them. (BTW, I saw a couple of people asking about microscopes on your forum. I bought both of mine recently from microscopeworld.com. They are National brand in the "Investigator" series. The stereoscope was $383 plus a set of 15x eyepieces. The compound was around $300. (Plus I added a 100x lens and a 15x eyepiece.) So far, I am very pleased with them both. For a hobbyist on a budget, these are the bomb.)

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you and your lovely wife a wonderful New Year!

rshimek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sandy,

These transparent animals are really a hoot, aren't they. Let me know how the 'scopes work and if you have any questions on them, don't hesitate to ask!

icon_biggrin.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: