• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

gecko

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55 gallon tank with a 10 gallon sump underneath. There is approximately 4 inches of live sand on the bottom, 80 pounds of live rock, a protein skimmer, and a fluidized fliter in the sump. My problem is this; My son loves Sally lightfoot crabs so we have triied 4, at different times, with the longest lived one being about 2 months and the shortest lived being the most recent 3 days. The occupants of the tank are; 2 Percula Clowns, 1 Domino Damsel, 2 Brittle Starfish, 1 Arrow Crab, and 1 Cleaner shrimp. Does anyone have any ideas why these keep dieing? Everything else is doing fine.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Gecko, welcome to reefs.org.

We can't really offer up any ideas without having a lot more information. We'd need your water parameters at the very least, age of the tank is helpful.

Right now, I don't know how you're finding the Sallies, but my gut tells me that if your arrow is big, that could be a problem. The brittles, while not a problem now, could very well become a problem in the future. It's odd about the Sallies, because I've found those things to be practically "unkillable" (and quite uncatchable!).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: