adambfc

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hi guys,
Just joined this site, I am a graduate student, moving to new york in hte first week of august, do to space and budget restrictions Ive been keeping a 6 gallon in my dorm room in montreal for the last year and a bit.
My setup was very very primitive, consisting of mostly second hand equipment I bought from fellow reefers or made myself, thats why my tank looks good zoomed in where you cant see the setup but very ghetto when zoomed out.
I had two clowns, but I love coral so that was my main focus. getting a hold of small enough frags was a little tricky, again mostly bought off other reefers usually as single buds.
My setup though pretty primitive and hugely supported by duct tape, did well and all my coral grew unbelievably well and my fish were happy.
However that was my first tank, and for my new tank I plan to be more efficient and aesthetically pleasing in my set up.
I wont be in new york till the first week of august, but if anyone knows of any good fish stores or if anyone has equipment and or frags they would eventually like to sell, it would be a much appreciated helping hand.

pictures of my old six gallon are on my wildlife photography website
www.mmybackyardandbeyond.blogspot.com
please give it a look and let me know what you think I've never really got an opinion from an experienced reefer
constructive criticism is much appreciated
as is any help.

adambfc

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
thanks

Hi and welcome to MR!! That's a really nice looking little tank there!

Don't know if you will ever be in NJ but if you are, I would gladly set you up with some frags.

Thanks, that would be much appreciated. Once I set up and run the cycle, ill definitely fire you off a message, and see if i can make it across the bridge. ( ill be livining right next to the GW bridge.)

Thanks again

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: