• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Yonkers28

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
My phosphates are at 0.5 with api test kits. Ive tried evrything. Water changes less feed cheato chempure elite. What can i do.
All my corals stopped growing

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Chemi-Pure Elite does help in phosphate removal and is designed to be used in the media bag it comes in.
While running a reactor will get you better results it is difficult at best to run a reactor on a biocube as you have no sump to place the reactor in.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
you also hae to figure out where your po4 is coming from.if you dont rinse out your food you can be introducing po4 that way.also how do you get your water for water changes.if you use a ro/di how old is the membrane and filters.also if api says its 0.5 you know its alot highe then that

Last edited:

Yonkers28

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I use Ro/di water. I make my own with reef crystal. I also started to test my water when u make it.
My filter is only about 8 months old
All my parameters are at 0
I'm only having problems with phosphate.

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
With 8 month old filters it's pretty much guaranteed that your source is dirty water. I'd get new filters and do a big water change or a series of smaller water changes every few days to get rid of some of that dirty water. Run GFO and carbon and you should get your parameters back under control.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: