• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I bought a 7gallon bowfront a few days ago and just recenty ordered a 32watt CSL lite from Marine Depot. The lighting will arrive wed. and I was wondering if any had any pics of how they mounted the light in.

Thanks,

Tinker

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a little work it will fit into the light fixture that comes with the tank. I took mine out an built an ugly hood so I could add a couple 13x lights.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have any pics of my setup, but I have the same light on my 7 gallon. Just take the old lights out of the hood, and when you put the CSL in you may need to poke a separate hole through the reflector so the screws match up. It is very simple and straightforward. You will see it when you get the fixture.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
johns120":15hx3ln6 said:
I just learned that a 55 w can be placed in the hood of the 7 bow.
Any feedback?

Really? How? Wouldnt it be too long?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two 32 w csl's in the hood for my bowfront. It is almost too much. I have to really keep on top of the algea.

Brett

vulkum

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first of all a 55w bulb is to long. the tank is only 17" wide and the bulb is 21" long. trying to fit 2x32w bulbs is a nice story i wanna see pics.
i have a 3x32 w pendant that i made for my mini bow and tried all kinds of crap with the regular strip light.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: