A

Anonymous

Ahh ok. Wow they do have quite a selection of tank onlys. Guess I will keep researching and figure out which setup would work best for me.

A

Anonymous

I'd call nanotuner's if I were you. If had just ordered through their website, I would have wound up with a skimmer that doesn't work well and and a different light fixtures and would have wasted money by probably replacing them later or just being unhappy with them. I only called them to ask a question about shipping and that call resulted in me changing my order and hopefully will mean that I don't buy things twice. This hobby is expensive enough when you buy things only once.

Those guys are nano-expert's. They'll chat with you for a half hour and tell you more than you'll ever want to know about nano's. They know what people are replacing and what they are replacing them with. This is good information to know.

Louey

A

Anonymous

That's a good idea Louey, I think I will do that. Thanks for your thoughts, sorry to sidetrack your thread!

A

Anonymous

PaintGuru":1uw5eok8 said:
That's a good idea Louey, I think I will do that. Thanks for your thoughts, sorry to sidetrack your thread!

That's okay. That's what these threads are designed for. To help other aquarists.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Alas, my new frags arrived yesteday and appear to be in good health.

Here's the best pictures I have gotten of them so far.

Louey

Attachments

• tyree watermelon chalice.jpg
    tyree watermelon chalice.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 2,204
  • skittles.jpg
    skittles.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 2,303
  • neon orange unknown acan.jpg
    neon orange unknown acan.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 2,209
A

Anonymous

More...

Attachments

• TCR star struck.jpg
    TCR star struck.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 2,213
  • insane rainbow lord acan.jpg
    insane rainbow lord acan.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 2,207
  • true UFO micro.jpg
    true UFO micro.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 2,300
A

Anonymous

And here's the freebies that The Captive Reef threw in :D

Attachments

• dendo or balanophyllia.jpg
    dendo or balanophyllia.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 2,207
  • purple and green acan.jpg
    purple and green acan.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 2,295
  • Red Zoo's.jpg
    Red Zoo's.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 2,201
A

Anonymous

I nearly left out the "Flame Thower Chalice"

I can't wait for this thing to grow.

Louey

Attachments

• flame thrower chalice.jpg
    flame thrower chalice.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 2,204
A

Anonymous

*attaches bib so can drool freely*

Can't believe I've only just found this thread. Looking good Louey. No surprise that you're putting some pretty choice frags in there. :wink:

A

Anonymous

Thanks.

Some of those frags have sprouted some stubborn hairy algae that I have been battling to get rid of. It's like the plugs were infested. That pisses me off.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Didn't you use to have a Sohal tang? Couldn't the new owner lend it to you again?

A

Anonymous

The Escaped Ape":3qog77ex said:
Didn't you use to have a Sohal tang? Couldn't the new owner lend it to you again?

Good idea.

I have already been toying with the idea of getting a baby yellow tang to mow the algae down then trading him back. I may do that.

Louey

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thread@!!! I have never ever heard of a balanophyllia, neat

You know those corals are simply not available in Lubbock TX, no matter what. A standard piece of acan goes for $200, what you guys would pay $60 in a standard red variant...so to see these echinos and crazy stuff is pure torture because we can't have them.

It's possible to buy and ship them I suppose, just never tried that. WIsh I could see/buy on the spot here, but the rarest thing we ever get is some Duncans that are totally new to our region/LFS'

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a baby elegance coral and a red/green blasto from colorfulcorals.com. :D

I'll take some pictures as soon as the lazyness wears off.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your tank is gonna look SICK when those fragz grow in abit

very nice selection 8)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Vitz.

Right now my tank looks sick with hair algae. It's the real stringy type. Hard to pull out. Wire brush doesn't even get it. It's kind of got me on hold on doing anything more with the tank. I keep pulling and doing WC's. He hair algae isn't helping the frags either. I lost the skittles acan, dammit. At least I think it's completely dead.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did add a red/green blasto and a captive baby elegance coral a couple of weeks ago. They both look great and the hair algae isn't on them.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a lot of threads on a nano forum in the UK where people put phosban media in the filter compartment of their nanos. Not sure if that would help...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: