• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bignick

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
my cube

***NEW PICS PAGE 4***

435751ba-1d2f-aad7.jpg

Update 3/22/11

435751ba-21d1-a730.jpg

Update 3/27/11 and DIY cage top

aefea134-ac6b-0196.jpg
aefea134-acb1-a259.jpg

Update 4/3/11
aefc063c-ea64-d046.jpg

My new maxima clam 1.5"
aefc063c-eadb-05e9.jpg

New red and purple firefish
aefc063c-eb3a-5a14.jpg

New tunze9002 and DIY media rack
aefc063c-ebbf-7867.jpg
aefc063c-ebd3-f87d.jpg

Sent from my Droid using Reefs

Last edited:

chasesng

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
oceanic

looks good. i'm assuming that its an oceanic which im going to get started with soon.

in the back, at the bottom of the third (return) baffle, there's a slot for a sponge. do you use that sponge? looks like it might just be a detritus trap.

chase

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
looks good. i'm assuming that its an oceanic which im going to get started with soon.

in the back, at the bottom of the third (return) baffle, there's a slot for a sponge. do you use that sponge? looks like it might just be a detritus trap.

chase

i do, its actually the first section that is a detritus trap. you need to pull out the fake shelf they have in the first section so flow can get in there and filter it. the second section also has it as well if you wanted to pull that.

nice off to a good start.

Ryanr1212

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 71.4%
5   2   0
i like what you got going there. just make sure the gsp doesnt find its way to your rocks. because once it gets on you will never get it off and it will grow over everything. unless thats what you want which is totally fine. im just giving you the heads up because thats what happened to me and i ended up getting rid of some of my gps covered lr because i couldnt put anything else on it

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
as far as the sponges go, I find it a lot easier to just put polyfil filter floss in the chamber, that way when detritus builds up you can just toss it and you don't have to worry about cleaning. Since you have the skimmer, I don't think you really need any extra media back there aside from carbon.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: