• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

DHaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
My old 40b is gone, and in its place I got a spiffy little picoaquariums.com 3g Barracuda. This little AIO pico is amazing. I'm running a Nano Box 12" Unit made by DaveFasonhttp://reefbuilders.com/2011/05/20/nanobox-12-led-reef-light-cute-package-nanobox-reef/, w/ ryujin controller package. This light is freakin' sweet. http://nano-box-reef.com/products.html

The 'cuda is currently undergoing a fuge upgrade, so some pics will be of the temp. 2.5g holding tank.

Current stock:

1 eviota nigriventris goby
Meteor shower cyph
Blasto
Various smaller frags

The plan is to make this tank a ric/shroom/maxi nem sanctuary with nano gobies and anemone shrimp.

Before the LEDs:

1192237480_7jWjS-L.jpg

1213006307_RSyKP-L.jpg

1213005521_DErHs-L.jpg

Temp. tank with LEDs (stupid scape fell apart in the transfer)

i-xpDhPXf-L.jpg

i-5vbQfMC-L.jpg

Cyph (under the old light):

1198254235_EELNa-L.jpg

Stay tuned - a lot coming for this little tank!

DHaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Thanks man - I definitely will. I'm waiting to get the new fuge in the 'cuda and get things transferred back before adding anything else.

DHaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Ha, yeah the old pics are better. I haven't tried hard with the temporary tank. I'll get some good ones when I get that light over the upgraded 'cuda though. :)

In the meantime, AC20 fan mod:

i-shpkL4w-L.jpg

DHaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
yeah - the ac20 fan mod was cooling the system down. got it down to 72* running it constantly. i removed it until we get hot weather again.

DHaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Jeff - not sure. High 70s I think. I remember thinking 72 seemed pretty low for a fan system, so it could just be that my tank thermometer is screwed up. It's an older mercury-based model, so no clue.

Matty, thanks man. I actually had 2 yashas in this tank and they both jumped within a day. No more of those for me - tank is a bit too small for them anyways. If you still have some of those nano gobies, I'll drop by in the next couple weeks. I'm still working with picoaquariums to upgrade the 'cuda fuge to his newer model, which should be done in a couple weeks - I'll add more fish then. We've got a baby coming in about 3 weeks as well, so if I drop off the map for a few, you know what happened, lol.

DHaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Nope, the big one just stared at the little one a bit and they've ignored each other. I'll try to get a pic later once the lights are on. What were you feeding them?

Anyone near Bay Ridge should check out Matty's new store - corner of 80th/5th.

DHaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
New eviota nigriventris from Matty (to be friends with the current one - so far not working, lol)

i-4RskmrX-L.jpg

i-zWFs3P7-L.jpg

notice the little pod on the right side that snuck in the pic:

i-42C3Gx7-L.jpg

my other cyph. - not sure if it has a name:

i-NGWVVrL-L.jpg

nano-paul's pink yuma:

i-rGnLSzX-L.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: