• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Seriously, can we please stop butchering the English language, what did it ever do to you? I could understand it if it isn't your first language or you failed to notice the red lines under some of your words from the automatic spell checker because you are color blind. Some of the easiest words in the language are being utterly manhandled and used improperly. Some of the posts on this forum have brought me close to an aneurysm. There needs to be a grammar mod to help stem the flow of these blatant crimes against syntax.

That is all.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
language

not for nuttin but if spellin is the worse thing on this site, then things arent that bad. and funny thing i think most nyer's dont speak proper english as it is. most can't say coffee or drawer properly. now being that i am from the mid-west and a country boy we have our own little word's we use or manners that we speak in. and this site doesnt have spell check or correct. as far as i am concerned as long as they can count $$$ then their spelling makes no differance to me:biggrin:

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
i would like to say some mis-spelled words and bad grammer are due to:
lazyness
im abbrev
slang
keyboard
occupied
just dont give a ****

yes lets have a "spell n grammer mod". but who can we get? :scratchch

Last edited:
P

Pedro

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Chief, i thought you are supposed to collect it for evidence, not use it up. What hood were you at tonight? ha ha

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I agree.....everyone makes typos, I make more than my share of them....but sometimes people get lazy and don't care about what they post...sometimes its unnecessary insults, fortunately its usually just insults to language. But butchered grammar and spelling, when overboard, makes things difficult to read...this place is way better than others- there are some posts on NorEast that I simply give up on trying to read....I use computers to relax and learn, not work and get stressed (fortunately!). I always read everything I write before hitting send, and correct most of my errors. I use my own name on all my online forums....so I don't want to embarass myself. (and using my own name also keeps me well behaved.....) Take care, Eric

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Does anyone remember the "dye died" thread? Everyone was saying that a coral was "dyed" and the poster was insiting that it was not dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: