• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always loved top-down reef photos. It's an interesting perspective, not to mention the great colors from above. Let's see what you've got. Here's one of mine from a while back:

topdown1.jpg

reefNewbie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this would be very cool if in focus, any of you photoshopers out there can maybe give ti a try.

Attachments

• fish 008.jpg
    fish 008.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 6,201

Kabob

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just shot this through my homemade view box I am in the proccess of making a box smaller for my camera and to fit in smaller tanks.

Jason

Attachments

• dscn0942.jpg
    dscn0942.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 6,157

Kabob

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made it out of Acrylic I bought at Lowes. I actually just sat on that one doh! I got some scrap axrylic from a shop here and am going to build a new one out of that. I will post pics as I build it and when it's done.

Jason

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len,

How about some tips on top down photos. I just tried for the first time and all of the pics got the big DELETE button. There was glare and they were not in focus at all.

Here is what i did. Turn off all pumps. Put coolpix 995 in Auto and in macro mode. Stuck the camera in the hood through the small fed door in the back, and snapped a shot. It was terrible. Then i decided to try the delayed shutter options so I could try real hard to hold the camera steady. I took two or three more shots in this fashion with no luck at all.

So what's the trick?

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just took these...they're in the other thread...

above1.jpg

above2.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Acro1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I used to take pics with an acrylic viewing box as well.
I now find I get better pics shooting right through the
water with all pumps off. Then again the viewing box
was getting old and scratched. Perhaps I'm just to lazy
to make another one. 8)
aquaapril01_copy.JPG

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kabob":fkj5cnmu said:
I made it out of Acrylic I bought at Lowes. I actually just sat on that one doh!
Jason
:lol: OH NO!!! How could you! (Sorry, but that's gonna have me laughing all day long--"Help! I sat on my viewing box and I can't get up!") :lol:

Acro, talk about a purple wonderland!

len, gorgeous, just gorgeous. But how come only one?

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kabob":3bjxqauy said:
I made it out of Acrylic I bought at Lowes. I actually just sat on that one doh! I got some scrap axrylic from a shop here and am going to build a new one out of that. I will post pics as I build it and when it's done.

Jason

Write up something and we'll stick it in our DIY library as well! :) (that is if you don't mind)

Shane

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lemme see some pics of your 10gallon from the front ..... looks incredible for a nano! If you can, give us a description of it.

Brooklyn Johnny

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Len here's a full shot... I don't want to hijack your thread, so I'll start my own soon showing my nano...

Oh and what do you mean "looks good for a nano" :x That's like saying you throw good for a girl! :P Sorry... just my Napoleanic nano complex ;) I'll start the thread soon and give the specs...

Attachments

• tank4-16.jpg
    tank4-16.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 6,029

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible nano, Brooklyn. Better? ;P

Oh, and Acro .... selling frags of that blue/purple Acro? I'd love a piece of it :P

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: