• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Terra Ferma

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple of pics of some of my new fish. Please excuse the pics; these fish are very reclusive, and the only breeder containter I had for the photo shoot is very scratched up.

First pic is Liopropoma pallidum

Attachments

• pallidum_1.jpg
    pallidum_1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 2,824

Terra Ferma

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plectranthias altipinnis (?) Everyone sells this as Plectranthias sp., but it sure looks like P. altipinnis

Attachments

• plectranthias.jpg
    plectranthias.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 2,812

Terra Ferma

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lastly, my favorite pic of the L. pallidum. Makes it look amost like L. aurora :), which I am curently searching for

Attachments

• pallidum_2.jpg
    pallidum_2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 2,808

jamesw

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! Where did you see the Plectranthias sp?

My local retailer had one a few weeks ago. (Aquatic Designs, Houston)

Cheers
James

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A glimpse of fish most people will never see. Thanks for sharing. If two L.auroras come your way, lemme know :P

NKT

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That pallidum is absolutely beautiful....and it does indeed look like an aurora. I actually saw a susumi at the wholesaler at few days ago...very interesting fish. Thank you for sharing, and if you've got more rare/exotic fish feel free to post those too ;). I'll admit i have a soft spot for rarer fish. :?

Terra Ferma

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jamesw,

The plectranthias lives with me. I got him at a LFS. The thing is only about an inch long, although I have seen them upwards of two inches. In the three months I have had him, I can honestly say I have never seen him eat, but he is doing just fine. Perphaps he is content to eat microfauna over frozen mysis.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: