• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Micah00

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a digital camera(Cannon A300) and have been taking pictures which some turn out good, some bad, and some look good on the view finder,but when uploaded they look grainy. Is it the camera or me? If it is the camera can I do anything in photoshop to fix. Example

Attachments

• 100_0008 copy.jpg
    100_0008 copy.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 2,011

jamesw

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The higher the ISO setting for the shot, the grainier it will by.

Go into the camera controls and lock the ISO at the lowest setting to get smoother photos. ISO100 or lower if your camera does 50.

HTH
James

jamesw

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The higher the ISO setting for the shot, the grainier it will by.

Go into the camera controls and lock the ISO at the lowest setting to get smoother photos. ISO100 or lower if your camera does 50.

HTH
James

Micah00

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been shooting my corals on ISO 50 & 100, but with this camera shooting fish on anything less than 400 the shot is really blured. I don't know about the camera I just don't think it is good for fish. Does anyone know of a good camera for reef photos around $300?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure for around $300, but if you save a little more and are willing to invest a bit more, you can get into a very nice camera in the $500 range. My Minolta was $585 and is basically an intro level professional camera.

To work with your current camera, I'm not sure about the exact model you have, but if it's got ISO control, odds are it's got shutter speed control as well. I'd say set the ISO lower, set the shutter speed higher (which will make your photos rather dark), then increase the brightness in photoshop or something similar. Also don't be afraid to take many, many, many shots and have only a few come out.

azcaddman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you might also look at http://www.fredmiranda.com/shopping/catalogue.php?cat=7

some of the actions are not camera specific (can be used on any camera and/or scanned film)

the Noise Reducer ISOX v2.0 specificaly, but others are good too

attached is the file, after a level 5 noise reduction, folled by an 'auto' edge sharpen (fm action, not photoshop filter)

Attachments

• fm-version.jpg
    fm-version.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,989
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impressive! That link looks interesting. I'm gonna download the noise reducer tonight.

Micah00

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My camera has adjustments for exposure,white light,iso,and has an effect setting. I had read last week where someone said to turn the digital zoom off,but that's all this camera has.It's 3.2 mp with 5 times digital zoom plus macro mode. I would really like to spend more money for a camera,but I just finished my 55 gal reef and if I tried to spend $600-$800 for a camera to take pictures of it with my wife would divorce me! For some reason she seems to think I waste too much money,but I don't see what would give her that idea. :lol:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: