Reefguide

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home, took a quick glance at my 5g, found one of my quivinile percs with his tail sucked into the filter intake ! Turned filer off and he swam away happy dandy ! He even ate ! Anyways about 3 hrs later I see him being feasted on by 2 hermits. Oh well, he's a gonner no biggie. Anyways I look at the other perc and think to myself man I think this is the one that was sucked into the filter, he's all scared up ! Taking a closer look I notice they are ISOPODS !! I pulled him out and the pods crawled off him then returned him to the tank. Now, these clowns are from my grow out tank so they must have aquired the pods from the LR... right? Another thing, could the pods have killed the opther guy? ( btw, just to toss a wrench in things I think there might be a mantis in this 5g too... I see puffs of sand from time to time coming out of the holes in the LR)

So what do I do about the pods? He has none on him now but I'm sure they are still some in the tank... Medicate maybe? or wait till he gets more on him and either do the same or dip him? BTW, tank is a newly cycled 5g with a chunck of LR in it and an Anemone !

isopod1.jpg

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting bugger!

If it's all the same, we'll keep it here but redirect people to the GRD link you posted. ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: