• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

y_sweebeng

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last nite b4 i went to work saw my anemone shrink to very small!took it out coz i fear that if it dies it will crash my whole tank,so i put it in a pail with water from my tank ,never put air pump n guess what,this morning when i went back it was still alive,so i put back in my tank n now it is doing fine .already expand back to it's original size.sifu!any idea?what happened?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemone shrinks and expends without any particular reason, AFAIK. Next time, try not to stress it more than it needed by moving it in and out of the tank like you did... :)

y_sweebeng

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
David Magen":29inqqkq said:
Anemone shrinks and expends without any particular reason, AFAIK. Next time, try not to stress it more than it needed by moving it in and out of the tank like you did... :)

thanks,i tot it was dying coz it shrink fr 6" to 2"

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can shrink even more since it is about 95+% seawater...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was most likely expelling waste. Sometimes you will see some brown stringy looking stuff coming out of them. I also think that under stress, perhaps also at night they will shrink down. They can inflate in just a few minutes with really good light.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: