NEWREEFER2007

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I Am New In This I Have Had My 24 Gallons Reef Nano Going For About A Month Now I Am Starting Now To Lose Corals All My Levels Are Good And Dont Know Whats Going On I Have 70w Halide System On This Nano I Was Leaveing Lights On For About 12 To 14 Hours A Day Then Started With Hair Alargie Now I Only Leave Lights On For About 4 To 5 Hours A Day If Anyone Has Any Ideas Let Me Know Thank You

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Welcome to MR!!

Not try to be rude; but there's no way your tank cycled in less than a month.

Can you please go into more detail about how you set your tank up? This will be very helpful in getting the proper advice.

All My Levels Are Good
Can you be more specific? What are your parameters exactly and what test kits do you use?

Steven

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I like periods and full sentences :type:

My 24g cycled in a week. The only thing is its not stable enough to house all that stuff that soon, even at a month i would be cautious. So even though it cycled you need add things in very slowly. Could be a bad setup, or a second cycle from feeding your fish and waste from everything or something else. And what are the right parameters :fishhit: Give us a list of where everythings at. along with what your testing with.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
What is being said is that even if the testing showed your tank cycled it does not mean it is ready to handle all you can put into it. It takes time for a tank to mature. And when you add to it you do it in small increments so that it can adjust to the new bio load.
And just like you can not add to it in big jumps you can not change remove abruptly. Changing from 12 hours to 5 was not a good idea. Yes you attempted to make life hard for the hair algea but you also made it difficult for your light loving corals. And the same goes for changes in salinity and temperature. Do it in small increments.
Anyway it is time to slow down and do more reading and less changing.

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Another hearty welcome to MR -- don't get discouraged by what's happening in your tank - you're ahead of the game just by finding this site!

The advice you're getting is the best - give as much info as you can, and do everything slowly - everyone on this site has lost stuff along the learning curve -- remember that we're all here to support each other! We share our failures as often as our successes and we all learn from each other --

Glad you found MR!

surfing pooch

surfingpooch
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wait

Hi newbee, I'm new here too, and I've found the best advice here at MR. and my advice is to wait it out, it is VERY HARD! I know I've been cycling my 10g for 3 weeks and all I have in it is 2 hermit crabs (I can't even look at the fish display) and it's still not just right. anyway good luck.

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I would definately shorten your lighting period. Could be the reason the corals are starting to bleach. Algae also thrives on lighting. What type of water are your using? RO? Hang in there. We can get you through this!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: