Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
ok thanks and im starting a 55 for now to clean the 65 you know.oh and im just ganna keep my inverts in tere and ganna get more inverts in there

how long those it have to cycle with 3 month cycled rocks and sand and im going to have inverts only in there? and mayb a yellow tang.

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
Since you will be starting off with fresh water i would wait 3 months to fully cyle out the tank. But get another advice. Be patient this time dont jump into hot water like you did in the pass.

home wrecker

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
when u start back u should just have live rock in there .....NO yellow tang ....NO inverts ......isn't it a fresh start an u wanna do things right ......so let the tank run with the live rock for the month or two an let it cycle properly before u add anything .......if u start adding liverstock right away ....u gonna end up right where u was before ..

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
im not adding nothing to it lol just live sand and live rock thats all.while its going to be cycleing I wanna research soem lights im really into getting really nice good lights. I want to keep sps and clams alot or polys and zoas thats all I want in there. And MARK you said start with fresh water what you mean? Im starting reef. Thats salt water member?

scumonkey

Goniopora isn't VD!
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
6steps.jpg

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Your going to put sand and rocks in initially, then wait a while. Your cycling process is complete only after you have readings of 0 for ammonia and nitrite, and your getting nitrate readings. Then youll need to lower your nitrates and add some inverts... then after some time you can add fish (slowly!).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: