• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

shavo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I have been debating with X over something to do with seeing white mushrooms for sale at the LFS. These mushrooms are white in color and you can see into them. Looks like the color of an ice cube. I don't have a picture yet my friend has a bigger one than me and I will attempt to get him to post a pic here as he says it is doing fine and is growing and nothing appears to be wrong with it.

Has anybody seen this type of mushroom? X thinks they are sick and not healthy and I think that I disagree. I saw a rock at the same store yesterday with about 10 of these mushrooms on it. I thought they all looked healthy as well.

I will try to get a pic posted from orca on this asap

thanks,
shavo

Mike612

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say they're also sick and unhealthy. If it's white in color, it can't be healthy. Mushrooms come in an assortment of colors from blue to red to green, but they don't come in shades like black or white.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it has been deprived of light to me. My LTA got pale white and translucent after the CL intake ate it. I have seen a couple mushrooms do this as well.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are "bleached" i.e. they have lost the photosynthetic algae, which is a bad thing.

shavo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i JUST GOT AN UPDATE FROM ORCA REGARDING THIS MUSHROOM it has turned brown and white, so maybe it was unhealthy and it is making a comeback. I had one also but it shrank, it is stuill alive but it is smaller than the size of a pencil eraser. I did buy one the other night and it is turning the color of antifreeze.

anybody see antifreeze colored mushrooms???

The_Orca

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up guy's and gal's. Shavo isn't crazy we did buy WHITE mushrooms. Mine over time is turning brown but I have to say It's the same size and show 's no sign's of being sick just a color change. At night with the Night lights on the whole mushroom glows fluorescent green. I think if it were sick it wouldn't look great at night.

Attachments

• DSCF011011.jpg
    DSCF011011.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 941

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: