• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Well I have 2 of these FDA approved containers for sale. They are 29*42*28H super sturdy and will hold about 150 Gallons each. These are the sumps used by aquaria and breeders/coral propagation facilities. They are approved for food storage and transport so they are 100% safe for use with reef.

I used them as temporary storage when I was moving my 135 gallon reef tank. Everything is now in a new 180 gallon setup and these are just taking space. Each one is drilled on the side with 2 1.5" bulheads (which are also included) They are stackable for storage and when in use won't deteriorate or crack even if you bump them. They are super tough and reinforced all around.

Used for about 7 months. The grey one has a lot of coraline inside it as this is the tank that was housing all the live rock/corals. The white one is cleaner as it was only housing the pumps, skimmer, cheato and LR. It was a full setup however visible only from the top, the best thing I could ever need to temporarily or indifinitely keep my stuff while moving across Brooklyn.

I cannot ship them as they would have to be shipped on pallets and motor freight is prohibitive. I was quoted $600 each when looking for these bad boys at a popular spot in LI. You can pick them up in Brooklyn 11214 for $250.00 each (your choice of color) or $450 for both. They are about 66 LBs each when empty.

Trully great stuff.

Here are some pics. Have questions, don't hesitate to PM me.

sump-001.jpg

sump-002.jpg

sump-003.jpg

sump-004.jpg

BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
they would fit under my 450 but there wouldnt be any room for me to work

I hear you and understand. These would be just perfect for a 450 with the 2 of them increasing your total volume to say 650-700 gallons. WOW. I wish I had a house. I would set a nice tank in the living room and do the rest in the basement with behind the scenes volume 2-3 times the volume of the tank. Hopefuly one of these days....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: