A

Anonymous

Thank Janna, fof pointing out some problems and making me go back and look at things and seeing just how crewed up I have made things....

OK, First of all, on question 6, I explained everything fine, but then wrote down the wrong answer as being correct. The correct answer is a

Secondly, it was pointed out to me that there may have been some confusion regarding my use of the word "plants" in question 9 - that being cyanobacteria are not really plants. This is correct, and so I have given any of you credi for answer b and e or just b on the quiz

Thirdly, I realized I totally screwed up on question 8. The answer is d and e. I have credited those of you who that affects.

Fourth, I also realized I scored everyone wrong, subtracting from 23 rather than subtracting from 20 and adding the bonus points...wow. See what happens when you have no time to think about what you are doing?

Fifth, as you have seen, this weeks quiz is only a single multiple choice. This is going to make it easier for you guys (and me, apparently) as this seemed to be a little difficult for most. Many of you picked one right and missed because of the multiple multiple choice format. This is a harder testing style, and I don't want to guys to be frustrated by it.

Lastly, I want to spend a few minutes at chat or here reviewing the cooling reefs not hindering coral reef development as this was commonly missed; as well as the frequently added answer about crinoids not being hermatypes. I'll get to that soon

Right now, I have to resend you all your new grades.

Eric

I am also sending a summary, minus students names, of the quiz summary, average grade, high grade, low grade, etc.

For those of you who did not turn in quizzes, please try to do so from now on...I think its a helpful process, especially after reading the explanations why.

And, last of all, please do give me continued feedback on things as we go along...I will try very hard and make this course as accomodating to all as possible, and without feedback I can't do that to everyone's benefit.

I am spending huge amounts of time on this class, and enjoyingit immensely, but right now, with james gone, i am kind of at a loss how to do the readings on time this week. I will get there as fast as possible, and if we run short of time this week, we can catch up when I have to take a week and a half off in Indonesia from April 9-20. No worries, we'll get it done.

Thanks everyone.

Eric

A

Anonymous

It should be

James has it. I will check in a moment.

eric

A

Anonymous

week2 quiz is up. I don't have pdfwriter at home so I uploaded it as a webpage.

James

A

Anonymous

ATJ - I'm sorry, but what is your screen name? I am quite sure I have answred all quizzes I have recieved with the exception of one late one I just got today. When did you send it?

Eric

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: