• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Couldn't log in for the lecture this morning. Anyone else have problems or is it my machine?

A

Anonymous

Sorry, but it is either both of our machines or there is a server problem with mIRC, I have still not been able to access the forum. I cannot access any of the "strom" based forums, although other mIRC servers appear to be working.

------------------

A

Anonymous

FWIW I couldn't log on to mirc or Java chat today also. I don't think it's our machines!

A

Anonymous

Thanks folks.
I didn't think it was my machine but I thought I'd check anyway. Thanks again and Happy Easter!
smile.gif

------------------
Remember...Wherever you go...There you are

A

Anonymous

I tried for the 9:00 EDT forum- on irc-storm- no luck at all-could not connect. Anybody have any luck today ??

A

Anonymous

Ugh, just back from a 3 day kayak trip to this...

It looks like the IRC server network that hosts #maco is having some connection problems.

I changed the server in the JAVA applet to "irc.fragglerock.net" which is working. Make sure that that server is selected when you log on using the java chat.

For MIRC users type:

/server irc.fragglerock.net

That should fix us up. Sorry about the confusion.

Cheers
James

------------------
Reefs.org Channel Operator

A

Anonymous

Sorry, folks, but ircstorm has had some major problems with denial of service attacks, and is now falling apart. Please re-join Xnet

------------------
"Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?"

Chucker's views are not necessarily those of reefs.org... or maybe they are ;)

http://www.reefs.org/ubb/Forum23/HTML/000122.html

A

Anonymous

I can access at xnet as specified. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Brittlestar (edited 16 April 2001).]

A

Anonymous

Hi Gang,

OK, like Chucker put it, we are going to have to switch back to the server at Xnet. I have already changed the Java Applet (again) this morning. That works now.

If you use MIRC, type:

/server irc.xnet.org

to connect. That works also.

Again, I apologize about this. We are doing our best to recover from a situation that is out of our control - but we do have the resorces and ingenuity to adapt- we are doing something w/ MACO that has never been done before.

Sincerely
James Wiseman

------------------
Reefs.org Channel Operator

A

Anonymous

I just logged on and it worked fine. Good going James. Of course nobody was there
biggrin.gif

------------------
Dennis
The Marine Aquarium Society of Los Angeles County meets the 2nd Friday of Every Month.
More info at http://www.maslac.org. Upcoming events:
May 11 Meeting: ERIC BORNEMAN speaking.
May 12 LFS and Reef Tank Tour and BBQ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: