GreshamH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No code has to be inserted here.

Now you don't want to start the cycle ;) I won't have anyone to dump my corals on anymore, nor will you :LOL:

For the montis, could be low potassium as well Rich. Many have dosed it and found great improvements in monti coloration.

FWIW, the Candlelight has laid down a nice base all ready :) I'm bout due for another attempt at the undata.

Hows the a. simplex doing I gave you? Making a come back yet?

Last edited by GreshamH on Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be doing well Gresh! Glad to hear about the candlelight! I have an undata ready for yous!

BTW - I am so lucky to live where I do. There are a bunch of coral heads that kinda just trade corals around. Its very nice! If you don't have a reef club in your area, make one!

There ain't no party like my Nana's tea party...

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy $#!^, Rich! Your tank is NICE!!!! :eek:

Espyesitis sufferer

W

Wazzel

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reef clubs are nice, but we really do not have lots of nice stuff here in Houston. If you ever want to help a brother out let me know.

My screws are loose!!!!!

W

Wazzel

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crap. I think I'll be in Davis soon. You near there?

My screws are loose!!!!!

W

Wazzel

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kool. I already promised Matt a date so I guess I'll have to have a night out with you also. ;) It will probably be in Feb mid month.

My screws are loose!!!!!

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rich, are both the halides and the actinics on in that pic? Is it pretty close to what it looks like in person?

I'm probably going to run a single 400 watt 20K bulb (maybe XM?) on a 3 foot 50 gallon I'm starting to plan it and am starting to wonder if it'll look good by itself. I'm trying to avoid a canopy on this one. Thoughts?

And let's see some close ups! :LOL:

P.S. You mentioned on the website that you had your closed loops and powerheads on timers. What is that setup like?

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pics while I still have the camera!

2_side.jpg

2_right.jpg

2_middle.jpg

2_left.jpg

Attachments

• 2_side.jpg
    2_side.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 2_right.jpg
    2_right.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 2_middle.jpg
    2_middle.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 2_left.jpg
    2_left.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 24

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Both the VHO and the MH are on in the pic, but I don't really think the VHO show too much on 'film'.
I like the VHO, and run them for 10 or 12 hours a day, but only run the MH for 4 hours a day right now.
I also run lumenarcs and I don't think I would want to run a tank without them. :D

I have several powerheads on a natural wave strip that is on a timer. The main closed loop is a sequence 5800 and that is also on a time coming on twice a day for 6 hours at a time.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of, thank you for the close ups! Looks incredible!!! Absolutely love the colors and the aquascape. :D

But secondly, I think you left some fish off your list! They seem to be pink skunk clowns, if I'm not mistaken. :LOL:

And as far as your flow setup goes, you have the powerheads on when the CL is off, then? Also, when the CL is on, all 10 outlets are blowing, right?

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops - forgot the clowns! One pink skunk and one oranges skunk, and I fixed the previous post. :D

The powerheads are kind of random. Sometimes, its blowing hard, sometimes it aint!
Yep all 10 outlets going when the big CL is on.

T

The Escaped Ape

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous Rich! An artist's eye, clearly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: