bueller

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
I don't think that's worth the money. For the price and the size, you can get natural live rock! I mean they keep repeating the pattern making it look so fugly. To each his own though. Don't waste your money!

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Just buy a bag of cement and a bag of crushed coral and make your own - there is instructions on the GARF site as well as a few here in the DIY forum.
I made a few pieces last year that were very sucessful.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Expensive? Sure, but so are many other things in our hobby. The plates themselves are extremely light and very porous. Entire reefs are supported by them in Europe. Royal Exclusive (maker of Bubbleking and Red Dragon) uses them in conjunction with PU2k exclusively for the custom reef setups. All you need is a small amount of live rock to seed it and your good to go.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
If they actually varied the shapes it would look ok. But to basically clone the same pattern over and over is just plain fugly. It's a nice concept and i am sure it can work. To each his own though. If you want it, go for it. I haven't seen anybody here with it, so you can be the guinea pig, lol.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
If they actually varied the shapes it would look ok. But to basically clone the same pattern over and over is just plain fugly. It's a nice concept and i am sure it can work. To each his own though. If you want it, go for it. I haven't seen anybody here with it, so you can be the guinea pig, lol.

they actually have varied shapes. Just request it when you buy. As for the outcroppings and mini reefs as well as pilars they all differ. Our sponson Aquarium Specialty carries them and they have good pics.

Herman

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Using reef ceramics
aquarien-bau-6_gross.jpg

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
If that's all using reef ceramics then i expect to see a gem tang in there. After all, it's priceless...

You have any of those rocks herman?

Rating - 100%
26   0   1
How are these better than agrocrete? Do they "puke" like agrocrete sometimes does?
I don't see any difference between these and some live rock that you strategically place in a tank...you might have to modify the rock (hammerdrill...) but it would be cheaper, live, not have those seams and straight edges (talk about natural), and actually be custom...
I'd build you something nicer for the same price, calcium based, and totally custom and unique...mail ordering a few sintered forms from a catalog can result in a nice tank...but there are other, better ways...IMO.

d.

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
What do you mean by "puke" Delv?

This post has made me think about using something like it to build a frame for my live rock. I would mold it and then use my actual lr to frame it. After it cures I can put the rock where they left their mark. I guess it would be like puzzle of sort.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: