448   2   0
Nuke em. Nuff said.

12_1_112.gif
Ditto

zaza

Rating - 100%
8   0   0

Nuke em. Nuff said.

I treated the tank with FWE, I found only 4 visible FW (so far I had 5 +4 FW), still alive, I siphon them into a small jar, to check upon them. They didn't die after half an hour, so I add another dosage to the tank(2x total). I then added some of the water from the tank to the jar to see how it would have affect the FW I had on hand. After 30 minutes they were still alive and a little dizzy. I added more FWE (3x the suggested amount). I add some water from the tank again into the jar. They finally died after 5x the dosage indicated on the product instruction!! I end up with 12 dead FW in the jar and no visible one in the tank.
After the treatment nothing else but the FW were affected :)

I might have killed some good FW, I don't know, but it was as a precaution and there are plenty of other critters in the tank that will eat the garbage :)

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Glad to hear there were no residual effects of the FWE on anything else. I did find that the toxins released from the FW's killed my feather duster. Other than that, I had no visible signs of losses either.

Keep a close eye on the tank in the next few days. Hopefully you won't see any more FW's and everything will be normal. BTW, I did a second dose of the treatment 3 days after the first dose. Then I did one last final dose one week later.

R

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I had a similar occurance with flatworms,don't worry. get a turkey baster,if you can take the rock out of the tank. put it in a clean bucket with salt water from your tank and just blow them off in the bucket. if you can't remove the rock just use the turkey baster and suck the worms up and discard the water in the baster in a white cup. check the cup you should see a black dot that flattens out and start moving around.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: