• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

wild fin

chef
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive gotten prices for a 180 aga fish tank. just the tank with mega flow boxes and plumbing. $900. i was wondering if anyone else knew of places that may be cheaper, or better deal. now this is just the tank. im gonna build a stand, well gonna try. i think i can do something nice. thank you fellow members fr any help on this.

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hello Wild!! I think you should try to shop around a little more. $900 is a bit high IMO. Try World Class Aquarium on Flatbush Ave in Brooklyn. I've purchased about 4 or 5 tanks from them and I've always gotten a great deal. I would try to make my own stand pipes w/ simple Home Depot materials. That alone will save you about $100!! I think AGA charges anywhere from 60 to 90 bucks for their overflow kit which is only a coulple of pieces of PVC. If you need a hand let me know. I'd be more than happy to help. I also have a box of left over PVC stuff that I'm still trying to get rid of! PM me if you have any questions.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Hello Wild!! I think you should try to shop around a little more. $900 is a bit high IMO. Try World Class Aquarium on Flatbush Ave in Brooklyn. I've purchased about 4 or 5 tanks from them and I've always gotten a great deal. I would try to make my own stand pipes w/ simple Home Depot materials. That alone will save you about $100!! I think AGA charges anywhere from 60 to 90 bucks for their overflow kit which is only a coulple of pieces of PVC. If you need a hand let me know. I'd be more than happy to help. I also have a box of left over PVC stuff that I'm still trying to get rid of! PM me if you have any questions.

Not to mention the kit really stinks - make you're own by getting the following pieces:

1" rigid PVC ~ $2
1" - T - ~ .59
1" - 90 (elbow) - ~.39
1" - Cap ! .19

In total it will cost you about $4 and the bulkheads will cost you about $20 dependng on size , maybe even $10 Check out other standpipes and model tthem - very easy DIY

Good luck with it.

House

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: