stoneriff

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
After tearing down my 72 bow front tank, and moving to Vegas, I'm setting up a 120 gallon reef tank. I want to move away from Metal Halides. What are the best LED systems out there right now? I've been out of the hobby for 6 months, and I'm itching to get back in.
Thanks.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Hey Jesse, Nice to see you around again. I'd look at the Acan Lighting, Pacific Sun or Aqua-illuminations for the highest quality fixtures and maybe the maxspec as a cheaper option. Lots of opinions and little hard data with these things. Too bad you aren't around for the swap as Sanjay is speaking on LED's. You might want to check out his article in Advanced Aquarist a month or so back for some baseline info. to inform your decision making.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Perhaps if you gave more details, like whats your budget, what are you trying to grow, are you looking for most power efficient or most bang for the buck, how sophisticated do you need the controller to be, etc...
these questions will help narrow your choices

stoneriff

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hey Guys;
It's good to be back. I'm finally settled here in Las Vegas, and I'm ready to jump back in to reefing! Since power is so expensive here, and as you probably know, it get REAL hot here during the summer. So changing to LED's seems like the right way to go. I would like a set-up that will be versatile in settings. Price is not so much an issue, as I'd like to buy the right lights. I'm planning on doing a full reef tank with mostly LPS, but would like to keep a few nice SPS. Any advice is welcome.
Thank you.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Acan lighting....I like their warranty and swap out program which at this point of the game is very important to me considering the majority of units are made in china with no one servicing them let alone sending you a unit while it is being repaired. In addition, Sanjay also did a comparison giving us some more insight on them. There are many choices and a lot to choose from but at the end of the day when you are spending thousands of dollars who is going to stand behind the product and service it.

stoneriff

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Acan lighting....I like their warranty and swap out program which at this point of the game is very important to me considering the majority of units are made in china with no one servicing them let alone sending you a unit while it is being repaired. In addition, Sanjay also did a comparison giving us some more insight on them. There are many choices and a lot to choose from but at the end of the day when you are spending thousands of dollars who is going to stand behind the product and service it.
Thanks for the advice. I will look into these. Anyone else?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: