• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
from what I've read the success rate of an under 4incher in captivity is dismal at best. You really don't want one that's under four inches. If you want a small one because your tank isn't large enough to keep one, than your tank just isn't large enough to keep one.

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Sorry I can't afford a 100 gallon guys.I have a 55 and that's all I can afford.

Quite simply put you can't afford fish like this. I would love to have a tank full of tangs but I cannot afford that either. I'd like several big dogs, I'd also really really really like a 2 mile custom go cart track with hills and bridges, 2 lanes. I'd like custom go carts that have side cars with a mounted 360 degree paint ball turrent so that the passenger can launch paintballs at the other drivers.

In all seriousness I think you know that your current budget limits the fish you can keep. To convince yourself otherwise is wrong both to you and the fish. The problem with large marine fish is that in the wild a fish might have a seven foot by seven foot territory. (Just ONE FISH!) Trying to keep a mix of them in a confined space is a very delicate balancing act. Fish grow over time and as they do they need to stretch. Think of having many children in a 1 bedroom apartment. No big deal maybe until they hit the teenage years and then it's going to get ugly. Fish are the same, once they start to mature they're going to go prison style on each other.

I'd check out other fish as there are plenty of options with a tank your size. If you're set on the trigger don't waste your money on one now. Save that money and put it towards a new tank.

SuRFeR BoY

BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
i saw one for sale yesterday at animal kindom and it was about the size of my hand, maybe a little smaller... the price was 129.. my freind told me its been there for a while and i know the guy so if your interested i can get you a deal. PM me

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
blue

That one in animal kingdom has been there for a while, its way to big for a 55 imo...

that fish is in a tank by itself now, when it was in the tanks with other fish [the black trigger and the old large niger] it was pinning itself in the corner and got beat up[ive had my eye on him for a while, and actually thought about buying another]..it now looks a little better..fins are growing back.they are very nervous triggers from my experience and get easily bullied and will definitly die from the stress if its tankmates are going to harass it at times... they both died within the first week.....

The guys in animal kingdom swore it was hardy and that the fish would do well [its out of there hands...but i always ask if they think it will make it],
the first one ate for me at the store and everything. i took it home and he swam to a crevice locked his fin and never came out...i had to pry his dead body from the lr...

...i love the look of the fish so i tried it again knowing that my water quality wasnt the reason he died because its checked twice a week ....once from me and once from animal kingdom.....

.the second one was a bit larger and still died 2 days after i dropped him in...he came out once and ate...then returned to a crevice the same way the first one did and basically looked at every tank mate like he was going to die when he was twice the size of all my other fish

both fish were acclimated with the drip method recommended by animal kingdom and reasearch sites.

that was the only two deaths my tank has seen, and id rather not see someone go thru the loss i went thru....for example....i payed 200 dollars for a headache.

just my opinion to staaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy away =)

michael stern

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
112   1   0
I saw one about 4" for about 27.50 minus shipping on marinedepotlive.com.I have no bullies in my tank.just a foxface and a bi-color angel,that's it.129 for that size is alot.

I would caution you about 1 thing. A bluethroat that price is from Bali, not Hawaii, and has almost 0% chance of survival. I won't touch Bali bluethroats even though they are 1/10th the price wholesale of Hawaiians. Hawaiians are rock solid, but BIG. Can't we convince you to try a different fish???

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: