oonycxwilloo

Vendor
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I have just recently set up my 90g aga RR tank. I don't think there are no leaks in the plumbing, but The problem is the main tank has alot of micro bubbles floating around and bigger air bubbles are sticking to glass and loc line return nozzle. I went to h2o and asked the guy over there and he said its because it is a new tank. But Also I do see little particles that are just in the water and not going in the overflow. Isn't particles suppose to float to the surface?

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
if from the return pump you have any threaded fittings you need to use teflon tape. The issue will resolve itself after. Teflon tape is available at all hardware stores.

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
are u using a sump? is the water from the tank going into the sump creating microbubbles down there? possible ur pump is just sucking them up and going back into main tank.

What pump are you using? and how far under the water is it?

my mag12 starts sucking air when the water level drops in my sump.

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i think hes talkin bout the dirty look bubbles from the sand and salt? i just mixed water in my tank with the sand and i have a film of grimy bubbles -=) it will go away after a couple weeks if thats the type of bubbles ur describing -=)

S

sparkysreef

Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Just for the hell of it cut back on the pump a little bit and LMK if the bubbles go away.
I had the same problem once and pulled my hair out after sealing all threads with teflon and silicone and glue on the pump intake. It eneded up being the pump itself. I changed it with another one and viola!
With that in mind if you are using an external pump make sure the housing is tight and any o-rings/seals are properly seated.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
dont worry, its the new tank. mine was doing it for a few days till everything broke in, the skimmer, pumps, glass. it goes away after a 2 weeks. if you want you can try to minimize the bubles by placing some filter floss so the bubbles hit the floss before the pump. give it time.

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Check the sump. If the water that returns into the sump is falling at a high altitude it will mix with air and thus create lots of bubbles. If that is the case just extend the return hose and submerge it in water.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: