Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonanatal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
How do you come to that conclusion when only 1 moderator posted?

He didn't even say he was against it...

Correction 2 Moderators. You and Kathy C and your both against it so = conclusion. I say put a vote on this thread and let the people choose! No sense in going back and fourth based on opinions. the numbers will do the talking.

Jasonanatal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
My fault took Mods directing my to use the search function as not wanting to go with it. I still say just play a vote for sh!t$ and G!ggles and see what everyone has to say. No need to have everyone arguing about something. And I wonder why I'm never made a moderator even at work. LOL

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Correction 3 mods.
Deanos, KathyC & Me.

Dude...

what are you seeing or reading from any of the mods post that is giving you a perception that we are giving opinions?
You posted......they stated why.

Try using the search button...
you'll see this topic is nothing new & has been discussed in the past.
Maybe you'll see our true opinions then:rolleyes:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Correction 2 Moderators. You and Kathy C and your both against it so = conclusion. I say put a vote on this thread and let the people choose! No sense in going back and fourth based on opinions. the numbers will do the talking.

Perhaps you should re-read what I did post Jason. Here, I'll make it easy for you to review it:
Jason, you can search for any infomation you wish using the search and advanced search functions.
Once you have found a topic you are interested in, you can also look to the bottom of the page and find related discussions using the links provided.
If you read this correctly, I gave you a suggestion how the search function can work for you since you seem to be experiencing a challenge locating the information you would like to find on the site. I also mentioned the NEW links that are below many forums now that will provide you with additional information.
I did not offer an opinion here to your suggestion. If I have an opinion to offer, it wil be clearly stated.
If there is something you cannot locate, please feel free to contact a site moderator and we will assist you.

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
You never know Kat...
Maybe we are speaking in secret code:shhh:

He has my opinion on the topic from this statement

"How do you come to that conclusion when only 1 moderator posted?
He didn't even say he was against it... "

:scratch:

Thanks Pink:)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
You never know Kat...
Maybe we are speaking in secret code:shhh:

He has my opinion on the topic from this statement

"How do you come to that conclusion when only 1 moderator posted?
He didn't even say he was against it... "

:scratch:

Thanks Pink:)

lol..must be! :)
I think maybe the word opinion should be replace with assume..ya think?
Maybe a vote on the word change?

ditto - thanks Pink ;)

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I want the big stick to beat Fred with :D

I agree I think we need more forums, only for the fact that every time we add more forums people think the world is going to end and that amuses me :lol2:

but we have had this discussion before, you can search for it, there are some forum ideas that have been waiting patiently to see the light of day.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Come to think of it...

I'm against adding new forums!!!! :screama:

4/5ths of the editing I do as a moderator is moving threads to the proper forum. :tired: When members learn to post in the correct forum, I'll gladly support the creation of more folders.

What kind of fish is this and what does it eat? - General Discussion
Can anyone ID these zoas? - General Discussion
Does anyone know where I can find Weld-on for a DIY sump I'm building? - General Discussion
How long should my photoperiod be? - Advanced Reefing
WTB aussie acans - For Sale/For Trade

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Honestly I don't like search features.

Obviously. Both of these threads are on the first page of "General Discussion" It didnt even require a search, the original thread has posts in it from today prior to you starting a new thread w/ the same question.

Started 5/27/08
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/41869-moonlights.html

Today
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/41978-moonlight-recommendations.html

I think its fine the way it is, obviously people just looks in the "latest topics" and if they don't see their answer on the home page, they start a new thread w/out looking around first. The mods have enough work to do the way it is now.

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Come to think of it...

I'm against adding new forums!!!! :screama:

4/5ths of the editing I do as a moderator is moving threads to the proper forum. :tired: When members learn to post in the correct forum, I'll gladly support the creation of more folders.

What kind of fish is this and what does it eat? - General Discussion
Can anyone ID these zoas? - General Discussion
Does anyone know where I can find Weld-on for a DIY sump I'm building? - General Discussion
How long should my photoperiod be? - Advanced Reefing
WTB aussie acans - For Sale/For Trade

poor Dean :hug: :)

:D

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I think adding more forums is sometimes a good idea, but adding them just to help people navigate the site isn't what should be done.

We're working on some enhancements to the site to allow you to find the areas you enjoy and keep an eye on them through the front page.

At the end of the day, the search engine is fantastic when people use it. I am always amazed about some of the threads that have been dormant for a year that are suddenly posted on.

ZZROCOOL

BIG ROCK SMALL FISH
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not that anybody cares or likes me but this site has gotten so bad because of idiot newbs and ridiculous questions (like Deanos pointed out) I can't even look any more it just k=makes me mad. I give you Mod's credit for being able to tolerate it!

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Not that anybody cares or likes me but this site has gotten so bad because of idiot newbs and ridiculous questions (like Deanos pointed out) I can't even look any more it just k=makes me mad. I give you Mod's credit for being able to tolerate it!

There will always be "newbs" they are the ones who probably need this place the most. Remember you were a newb yourself at one point. The frustrating part is when nobody uses the search function.

jay1335

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

This site is an amazing resource in so many diff ways....Honestly it's people like you that bring it down. I love the newb posts because its great to see how many people jump to help here. You remind me of people at a certain fish store I know that dont give you the time of day if you dont have a 150+ tank and know your stuff. Its pure arrogance. Sorry for being so harsh but it anoys me to see new people not get help. We were all new at one point and lets help everyone learn the hobby so that they can do it the right way. Id rather see people get help then kill endless amounts of life.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0

Calling people idiots isn't really gonna help them like you:eek: If it makes you mad, you're doing the right thing by not looking:splitspin

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
This site is an amazing resource in so many diff ways....Honestly it's people like you that bring it down. I love the newb posts because its great to see how many people jump to help here. You remind me of people at a certain fish store I know that dont give you the time of day if you dont have a 150+ tank and know your stuff. Its pure arrogance. Sorry for being so harsh but it anoys me to see new people not get help. We were all new at one point and lets help everyone learn the hobby so that they can do it the right way. Id rather see people get help then kill endless amounts of life.

I'm in total agreement:birthday: Couldnt have said it better myself.

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I like MR's for the shear fact that there are some great people on here, very helpful information and the site is very easy to navigate. There is always something on here to buy from members or venders and the forums in my opinion are pretty well organized. In my experience thus far i never had an issue searching for a topic or question i had. Chances are there is an answer for whatever it is your searching because someone already asked it. Besides I sometimes stray but this is really the only site that i have become addicted to ever since i got into this hobby its pretty funny.

In my own opinion browsing RC is overwhelming and annoying at times:splitspin.

MR's FTW!! :lol: :eek:

reefnewbe

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
IMO,

This site is awesome and so are the members and i wouldn't change anything.
as far as some of the arrogance I've learned not to get offended because i'm basically here to learn.
(If i was buying real estate and had the opportunity to be coached by Donald Trump i'd deal with the arrogance in order to understand what needs to be known)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: