Status
Not open for further replies.

DonCisco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It looks like I am getting some of the bubble algae, I just need confirmation, and maybe some suggestions on how to get rid of it. I would appreciate it very much. Use a blowtorch? Some Napalm?

Attachments

• Asst Pics1 255.jpg
    Asst Pics1 255.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 297
  • Asst Pics1 259.jpg
    Asst Pics1 259.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 237
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
From what i can see it looks a bit like bubble algae. Emrald Crabs are a good way to get rid of bubble algae. The only drawback is that they go after smaller fish and after they finish with the bubble algae they might go after some corals or inverts.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
The best way to get rid of it is to take the rock out of the tank and scrap it off. You don't want to break it in the tank as this will cause spores to be released resulting in more bubble algae. After you scrap it off rinse the piece of rock so that any spores are washed off before you place the rock back into the tank.

As for Emerald Crabs, they're hit or miss. Some will eat the bubble algae others wouldn't touch it.

DonCisco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks, I am not going to get the emerald crab, because it is only a minimal patch of bubble algae, and it is the topmost rock in my tank. The only thing on it is a few pieces of Xenia, so I will make sure that I do that quickly, this Frag swap xenia is pretty hardy. :) (no wonder they were giving it away, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: