Prattreef LE Kiwi-lime Psammi

Attachments

• DSCF0617.jpg
    DSCF0617.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
A little more background, My piece was one of the original Solomon Island Maricultured frags that were brought in the late '90's (???). I believe these were the 1st commercially available mariculture frags in the US. That operation ceased after a few years due to political unrest on the islands, but I belive Dr. Mac and others are now bringing in frags from this locale again. Just a little history:) RD

SlamaJama

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.3%
152   1   0
A little more background, My piece was one of the original Solomon Island Maricultured frags that were brought in the late '90's (???). I believe these were the 1st commercially available mariculture frags in the US. That operation ceased after a few years due to political unrest on the islands, but I belive Dr. Mac and others are now bringing in frags from this locale again. Just a little history:) RD

RD, great info, i dont c many peeps with this piece, its not flashy but its a beaut...thxs mon

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Nice peice,

I have a small colony of a coral that is verysimilar, that I picked up 2-3 years ago. The LFS couldn't tell me what it was. After some research I decided that it was a Pasamacora. Mine is a very dark green, and the polyps are very small, it looks fuzzy. The polyps on your's appear to be bigger (its hard to tell without a reference).

All and all they are very similar looking. Mine has been a very very slow grower. I will try to post a picture of mine when I get home tonight.

DonCisco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
very nice coral!!
or is it something that came out of the space rock that Stephen King picked up in the movie Creepshow? After all... that thing needed water too......
Actually it is a gorgeous piece.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: