WaterPlant

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
a house vendor taught me how to appraise this kind of fish and the fish is definately not worth that price at current conditions.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
just to see why a fish or tank is so expensive and that

I think you misinterperted my question. When you look at a fish such as the RTG, what is that you are looking for in making an apprasial? I.e. coloration, size, health, etc etc. and how much do you allocate to each criteria.

for example. You are selling a rock with some zoo's on it. Although, zoo's are not my thing, I would look at the color of the zoo's and might determine that they are extremely pleasing to the eye, and say to myself that they are worth approximately $10 per ployp. There are four polyps on the rock, so $40 and $10 discount for buying multple polyps, so $30 is a fair price.

it seems most of us here don't know what we are talking about

But is seems that we are correct in determining that he is asking way to much for what he has there.

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I don't know the exact price for the blue arowana, but I know the silver and the black arowana do not fetch more than $100 for a 6" or less. With that said, those blood parrot cichlid fish aren't that expensive. Lets say the tank, parrots, and other arowanas account for $1000 of the price tag, you're still left with a $17,000. I'm sory but I wouldn't spend $17,000 on a fish that requires a even larger aquarium, can be a picky eater, and die. That's $17,000 embodied in one fish...literally going down the drain. No thanks.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
he did say you are paying for his 2yrs of care for the tank. Lol, if we all sold our frags/ equipment/ fish according to the care we put in over the years also factoring in cost of food and other odds and ends....(plus utilities) it might dwarf that $22,800. But then we unfortunately live in reality where such pricing doesn't exist rofl.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Perhaps the person was given an ultimatum. And the person made a deal something like well, <I'll put it on ebay> it didn't sell. Now the person gets to keep their beloved tank.:sgrin: Kinda scary how divious my mind is working these days.:lol_large

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: