• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
ssmtcarlo,

Referring to the phrase "running all over your rock", are they really moving around fairly quickly or are they almost non-moving? Flatworms tend to move fairly slowly.

E

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
They sound like pods to me, I have them also. Some are red and I have some that are white. They are good you don't want to get rid of them. They are food for your reef and a sign that you are doing well.

ssmtcarlo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have a six line a green chromis and a starry blenny my i have two acropora milleopora, a blue aculeus, a purple bonsai, a green monti digi and a orange monte digi as well as a purple rim cap thats my SPS one of my milliopora has not been having full pollip extention latley and i just saw the bugs. This leads me to believe there red acro bugs but i have yet to see them on my acros. The other problem is there so tiney i cant tell if they resemble some of the pics of red bugs on this site. i picked up the milliopora and had a small bug on my finger and to me it resembled a red bug any more insite

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
ssmtcarlo,

Many pods resemble bugs to a greater or lesser degree. They are definitely not pests and your fish will enjoy eating them. Flatworms are another story but it does not sound like this is a fw issue.

E

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
They are very tiny.
Check with a magnifying glass, if you have one.
They'll look like fleas.

Redbug3_4455.jpg

Last edited:

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
ssmtcarlo,

I dont think it is a flat worm issue i think it is a acro red bug issue, but im not sure i need to be able to get a close up picture of one of them before i can tell, any other symptoms that come with red bugs

I may be mistaken but I believe the creatures you are referring to (acro red bugs) may also be a flatworm species.

E

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I had redbugs once and they weren't crawling around my rocks. If you had a red bug infestation so bad that they were on your rocks you'd know it, there'd be no grey area there.

These sound like pods, if however you notice what appears to be cyclopeeze all over your acros and only on your acros that would most likely be red bugs.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: