DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Complete lighting system

2 x 55 watt T5 power compacts (1 watt-liter/4 watt-gallon)
10,000K/Actinic lighting
Electronic ballast
High polish, textured aluminium reflector
Blue LED moonlights
Fan-cooled hood for extended life of electronic components
High transparency, polished lens

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
they arent really t5's they are power compact's and the rock turning white is from die off. give it time. also i would suggest not leaning the rock on the back wall will fall and possibly crack or break something. remember nothing goes fast in this hoby except for money

DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
i made sure theyre steady and theres nothing to move them right now but yes i will fix my whole aquascape.. Wingo your rock broke into 1/4 and 3/4 pieces >< but wat can u do..

Water test update:

amm- 1.0
temp-79.5 w/ lights on 78.3 off
alk- 2.0
nitrate- 5.0
nitrite- 0.2
calcium- normal

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
i made sure theyre steady and theres nothing to move them right now but yes i will fix my whole aquascape.. Wingo your rock broke into 1/4 and 3/4 pieces >< but wat can u do..

Water test update:

amm- 1.0
temp-79.5 w/ lights on 78.3 off
alk- 2.0
nitrate- 5.0
nitrite- 0.2
calcium- normal

Wow how you manage to break it???? Incredible hulk:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
I just read through this thread and I have a feeling you live rock is not too live, at least not the first rock you put in. You said you forgot the salt and my guess is that most if not all that was on the rock is dead. But the piece you added should be ok and will eventually seed all the rock. When you prepare water for the tank it should be at the right level of salinity before you put it in. Why are you having problems with it going up and down? You are not pouring salt straight into the tank, I hope.
Maybe you need to do a little more reading on how to cycle a tank.

DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I just read through this thread and I have a feeling you live rock is not too live, at least not the first rock you put in. You said you forgot the salt and my guess is that most if not all that was on the rock is dead. But the piece you added should be ok and will eventually seed all the rock. When you prepare water for the tank it should be at the right level of salinity before you put it in. Why are you having problems with it going up and down? You are not pouring salt straight into the tank, I hope.
Maybe you need to do a little more reading on how to cycle a tank.

no i meant i forgot to post about salt, its been in there b4 i put the rock.. im no dummy

im not pouring it straight in, and im having problems with the hydrometer..

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Tank looks very nice!

Lets talk a moment about the red sea max lighting system. They are only Power compact lighting. The t5 they throw in there is the bulb diameter. I think they intentionally did this to mislead people into thinking they have T5 lighting. So with that lighting. If you want to upgrade the lighting down the road it will cost you a fortune as well. Keep that in mind. nano customs has a package that is pretty expensive.

I am also not too happy with the skimmers performance and would prefer that the option to use my own was there as well. All in all it is a good starter tank, but please keep in mind that the tank is pretty much a soft coral/ some easier care LPS coral tank.

Great luck with it and wait for it to finish it's cycle before you add any livestock. Patience is a virtue in this hobby.

DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Tank looks very nice!

Lets talk a moment about the red sea max lighting system. They are only Power compact lighting. The t5 they throw in there is the bulb diameter. I think they intentionally did this to mislead people into thinking they have T5 lighting. So with that lighting. If you want to upgrade the lighting down the road it will cost you a fortune as well. Keep that in mind. nano customs has a package that is pretty expensive.

I am also not too happy with the skimmers performance and would prefer that the option to use my own was there as well. All in all it is a good starter tank, but please keep in mind that the tank is pretty much a soft coral/ some easier care LPS coral tank.

Great luck with it and wait for it to finish it's cycle before you add any livestock. Patience is a virtue in this hobby.

Yes I understood that the lights weren't the best, but I don't really like SPS corals to much anyway. As for the skimmer, it's a bit noisy but there are many DIY's on the RSM forum.

Lol thats what I intended to do but the great LR Jim sent me had 2 button polyps, 1 turbo, many pods, bristle worms, mini brittle stars, and i even saw a really tiny feather duster!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: