EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Let Bygons Be Bygons And Take This All As Constructive Critisism. It Helps In The Long Run If You Take What People Say Even If It Seems Harsh And Take It As A Grain Of Salt. I Think The Tank Is Looking Good But I Agree I Really Dont Want You To Rush. Your My Freind And Thats Why Im Saying This Dont Let Mods And Senior Members Ruffle Your Feathers. They Speak From Expirience Most Of Them And Ill See You In School Monday!
well put! we are here soley to help you out. i remember when i was first interested in keeping fish, i went to a forum with a ridiculous list of an unimaginable quantity of hard to keep fish. the people at the forum went bezerk. they probably thought i was going to go out that night and get all of the fish on my list, throw them into tap water and season with table salt. i was a little upset of their "yelling" at me. I kinda interpreted what they wrote into an angry tone, while that wasn't their intentions at all. Now I realize what they were thinking, they were right to jump on me and tell me im wrong! they didnt know how suddenly i planned to get these fish so they had to act fast. also, its hurts to be defensive in the hobby, we all make mistakes, and part of learning from that mistake is admitting that you're to blame. Trust me, these guys aren't a mob, if that was true i would be curled up in a corner wailing myself to sleep. lol. im just saying, the worst thing to do is to deny the expert advice. im here for you dude!;)

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
DontXtrip,

You can't take everything this personally. No one's telling you what to do, we're just trying to help you save money and the lives of the coral and anything else you might buy for your tank. If you start attacking "senior members" likes it a clique, it's not helping anyone. If you get defensive people are going to be wary of helping you in the future, cause no one likes trying to help someone only to have them get pissed off.

If you haven't noticed those so called "senior members" are among those trying to get you heading in the right direction. So think twice before you speak, if you don't want advice put it in your signiture :D.

Not trying to be mean or act like I'm the sh!t in any way shape or form. I was there not to long ago, and for me money doesn't exactly come easy, don't know what you situation is but i know it's hard for me to lose a $20 piece of coral.

HTH.
-Kris

Last edited:

BrooklynsReefMan1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
DontXtrip,

You can't take everything this personally. No one's telling you what to do, we're just trying to help you save money and the lives of the coral and anything else you might buy for your tank. If you start attacking "senior members" likes it a clique, it's not helping anyone. If you get defensive people are going to be wary of helping you in the future, cause no one likes trying to help someone only to have them get pissed off.

If you haven't noticed those so called "senior members" are among those trying to get you heading in the right direction. So think twice before you speak, if you don't want advice put it in your signiture :D.

Not trying to be mean or act like I'm the sh!t in any way shape or form. I was there not to long ago, and for me money doesn't exactly come easy, don't know what you situation is but i know it's hard for me to lose a $20 piece of coral.

HTH.
-Kris

Also well put nano. Does anyone agree with my theroy? It is after week 10 of reefing 1 coral per week is a good pace? also this pending the coral size and type.... i feel slowler is better then quicker

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
well rob, it all depends on your setup and if you have acquired the correct materials to support those corals, and also the coral must suit your tank perameters such as lighting, flow, and water composition requirements. i personally, like to go out and have a party and buy alot at once, but more routinely purchases work too. but i would focus now, Julian, on getting rid of the stuff that won't do well in your tank, and then you can go back to filling it up. again, if you're thinking about buying stuff, thats a sign that you're going too fast. just take a look at what you NEED to do.
hope this helps :)

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks Brooklyns :)

Et, I see you're one fo those mature young reefer people, very cool :D.

Like Et said if it's not gonna do well just get rid of it now and save yourself the :sad2:ness from it dying. Take your time, let the tank cycle PROPERLY and it'll be good.
heh thanks, i enjoy the philosophical side of reefing:biggrin:

DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I don't mean to come off rude or anything with the senior member comment but there has been times when I've went into RG and said "Hi all" and not been acknowledged. I should have said that some of the senior members... But anyway, I tend to take things personally a lot, Last year around this time I found a baby robin that was a fledgling and so I took it under my care and upon signing up for a bird forum I was instantly bombarded with hate mail saying I shouldn't have taken it from the wild "it would have been better off dieing in the wild than in your care because you obviously don't know what to do" - one of the more memorable quotes. But I listened to myself and nursed the bird with baby bird formula almost ever 3 hours except when i was at school (I also took the bird to school a couple times lol) Well so the point is after everyone telling me I wouldn't succeed I did. I taught the bird to fly and pick up worms by itself, ETC. And in the middle of the summer I let it free. So please excuse my defensiveness. Nones perfect but I will try to look at things differently.

BrooklynsReefMan1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
ok i understand what your saying but i think its a tad bit different in reefing. you ar taking basicle almost everything from the wild so people would just be bashing themselves. but i see wat you mean. there just saying it like that so you will take them seriously cause if they say need to wait more and thats it youmight just read it and scroll down. but by them explaining themselves and giving the concequences that might follow i think it makes you step back and look at it in a whole new perspective

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
yeah dude, i totally understand what youre saying...like this one time, i found a caterpillar, jk:lol2:
but seriously, its not the end of the world or anything, we know what we're doing and this hobby is a bit different like rob is saying, but i can totally understand where you're coming from.;)

DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
yeah dude, i totally understand what youre saying...like this one time, i found a caterpillar, jk:lol2:
but seriously, its not the end of the world or anything, we know what we're doing and this hobby is a bit different like rob is saying, but i can totally understand where you're coming from.;)

lol hes just trying to act smart and be cool ... save it for the teachers at school!

DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0

Attachments

• tank.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 123
  • sexy.jpg
    sexy.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 144
  • weird.jpg
    weird.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 141
  • weird2.jpg
    weird2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 142
  • weird3.jpg
    weird3.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 142

DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
my new aquascape with hang on fuge, there are holes drilled into it so dont worry... my awesome sexy shrimp from NACL and i have no clue wat sps corals came with the rock maybe someone here knows

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
If you can raise a baby bird then you have the patience to have a rocking reef tank.

Here's the thing with this hobby, good things take a long time to happen, but bad things will go wrong faster than you can blink. All the advice given to you has been solid. Be a sponge and soak it in :D

As for being ignored in RG, welcome to the club :lol: that still happens to me :rolleyes:

Last edited:

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Donttrip,

You're probably gonna end up tripping yourself if you keep stocking the tank without waiting. It looks like you have MUCH more coral now or maybe its just me waking up, but you should really ease up. If you're coming to the swap I'd wait til then to add anymore.

The scaping looks nice and the SPS on the rock are most like gonna die at this point, with the lighting and such on the tank. They already look horrible :(

DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I've only added 2 tiny zoa frags from NACL and a sexy shrimp.. I think the new scape and placement of corals is playing tricks on you. As for the SPS, I was talking to ellebelle in RG and she said she has kept SPS with my kind of lighting, although they didn't flourish like they would in MH they did alright.

Thanks everyone!

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
She started with healthy frags and these look half dead already, it could make a huge difference and at that point her tank was well BEYOND cycled which will also make a difference. But I'll stop being on your @$$ about the cycling :), GL.

Looking back at old posts, it is my eyes playing tricks with the new scape:eek:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: