onegreenray

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
like everything else it comes down to supply and demand. if there is no supply , and there is a demand for them...

the other clams i will be selling are a 6" tiger strip dersa and a 5" gigas. the small blue rim squamossa i am keeping.

i have gotten a couple offers but not to be a dick but ifthe offer isn't even close to my asking price i will just put it on ebay by the end of the month.

Last edited:

cb747

How many is too many?
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Plentiful or not makes then hard to get here and thus rare in the states :) Guess we all have different definitions of rare.
Leslie i believe they come from Australia Great Barrier Reef and thus not many are allowed to be collected so there may be millions out there which in that scope makes them not so rare, in Australia :)

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
All, as CC has already mentioned - this animal is not rare - NICE yes, but not rare - rare is when the animal is not found in the ocean as readily as other species -

There are troughs of the blue spot squammies by the thousands being cultured in the Solomons (Neigut, MACNA 2006) just waiting to be imported.

However, they are not currently being imported (answer leslie is becuase CITIES has put the stops on the clam farming) and demand drives the price. JF, if I had the $$ I'd get it too - one of my personal favs

Ray, good luck with the sale - great specimen and worth the price in todays marketplace.

:backtotop

House

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Oh, I didn't realize this was an organization. I thought he meant NYC.

Doh!

Can you please give me what CITIES stands for? I cannot google it as I keep getting city statistics.

Last edited:

onegreenray

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
bluwsquamossaclam3-07007.jpg

onegreenray

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
its 5 inchs from end to end. had this one a year and a half. it was about an 1 1/2 when i got him. i am waiting on a buddy to see which one he wants the gigas or the dersa. i'll let you know prices once he decides.

so yell ay cb747.

bluwsquamossaclam3-07009.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: