Bojangles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know how to fix or install a ballast? I came home to 3 of my 4 bulbs being out today. I'm not sure what it is but the 1/2 of the one fixture is still working.

Called alot of stores today, both lfs and lighting stores and no one will work or can get parts for it. DOH hehe

The lamps are Odyssea 2x96, not a retro. I've tried more than one power source...the fans inside the hood turn on but the bulbs do not. I tried replacing the bulbs and no luck.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always thought that ballasts were essentially non-repairable by hobbyists - when I've had failures I've always just shipped them back to the manufacturer, and even they didn't repair my ballasts - they sent me replacements.

jayo

Bojangles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jayo":1l6ktpqw said:
I always thought that ballasts were essentially non-repairable by hobbyists - when I've had failures I've always just shipped them back to the manufacturer, and even they didn't repair my ballasts - they sent me replacements.

jayo

Heh beats me. Unfortunately I cant send them back because I got them half price on Ebay, but someone on my main website told me where I can get some replacements. So I guess I'll repair them if I'm not going to the Air Force or just sell them cheap if I am.

Thanks
Sascha

Bojangles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is for sale. All the corals and liverock is already gone but heres what I have left.

200 gallon glass tank w/stand $600
60 gallon glass tank $40

1-Maroon Clownfish (Premnas biaculeatus) $20

-ASM G4-x w/ Sedra 9000 rated 450 gallons Protein Skimmer $300
-CPR CS150DX overflow system w/ aqualifter pump (1600gph) $75
2-Odysea 2x 96w Pc lamp w/ 96w daylight and 96w actinic bulbs each about a month old. $75 each
-QuietOne 6000 (1506gph) $65
5 gallon jugs $5 each
-Seachem Nitrate & Nitrate test Used it 3 times $5
-Saltwater Master liquid test kit less than half used $5
-Kent Marine Zooplex 64fl oz half used $5
-Kent Marine Liquid Calcium 16fl oz New $10
-Kent Marine Liquid Iodine 16fl oz New $5
-Kent Marine Essential Elements 16fl oz half used $5
-Freeze Dried Krill 2oz New but opened $3

Decoration rock ranging from 2-6lbs (NOT LR) Includes rose quartz, green limestone, petrified wood, honeycomb, lavarock ect $1 per pound

Concrete

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow-- I just read this whole Thread (well most of it) and have to say--
Holy Crap-- No Offense, but you have to be the worst Reefkeeper ever.
How many Fish and Coral's have you killed in the past 2 yrs??

I'm glad to see you are selling your equipment... Here is a book you should read:

0764553402.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_OU01_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

DaveMorris1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we supposed to believe that you, concrete, have had a perfect trip through your reefkeeping experiences? Seems to me that BO has done quite a bit right, as well as having setbacks. If you just want to bash people go somewhere else. We all learn as we go from this hobby and to be honest, his experiences match quite a few that I have seen. We also get to benefit from him taking the time to share his experiences, good and bad.

Oh, and if you are using Saltwater for Dummies as your reference material that might help to explain your attitude. Try using some REAL research materials.

JMO.....

Concrete

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we supposed to believe that you, concrete, have had a perfect trip through your reefkeeping experiences?

I just want to know, Dave, Where I said anything like that?
Anyway, Nobody is freakin perfect, But if I have multiple fish dying I would never add more Fish, that's stupid. Just common sense IMHO...

Seems to me that BO has done quite a bit right, as well as having setbacks

Looks like hes giving up the hobby (selling everything).. I'm glad your more worried about what I have to say than actually helping a Newbie out.
Seems like he could have saved himself a lot of trouble if someone would have spoken up...Dave.. Oh well...

Oh, and if you are using Saltwater for Dummies as your reference material that might help to explain your attitude. Try using some REAL research materials.

That, My friend, is what you would call a joke... :x

Bojangles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Concrete":gpnf665f said:
Wow-- I just read this whole Thread (well most of it) and have to say--
Holy Crap-- No Offense, but you have to be the worst Reefkeeper ever.
How many Fish and Coral's have you killed in the past 2 yrs??

I'm glad to see you are selling your equipment...

Concrete I'm sorry that you took the time out of a bad day you might have been having to bash a thread thats been dead for almost a year. You're absolutely right. I had a nice tank with new "low quality" equipment and I was too hasty with almost every decision I had made the first year. I bought from a vendor that was 3rd rate and 60% of my fish died from cyanide poisoning. I made alot of mistakes that only experience can teach you and I'm happy to report that I've learned from them and I've moved on

To this day I've never lost a coral and since buying online I havent lost a fish in quite some time. I did sell my livestock (tanks in storage), as stated, because I joined the United States Air Force. Currently I'm residing in Honolulu Hawaii and loving every minute of it. I'm sorry that you've only taken from this threat the bad things that have happened to me and I hope that others have read it and learned from my mistakes which was the origional intent.

I know that a "dummy" like me could never teach an obvious professional like you anything, but you know what the hardest lesson I've learned is? In my experience with reefing I've learned that it doesn't matter how big your system is, how you "stack up" against other reefers, or how flashy your pictures are. What matters is how much you love and take care of what you have and appreciate nature's most beautiful creatures.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: