• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Bojangles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how to reduce the KB of a picture to show it? Lets say I have a picture thats 101.5 KB bytes. The site wont take it and Im not sure how to reduce it. Heres what I've tried...

IF you crop it, it adds KB
IF you reduce or add canvas size it adds kb
IF you reduce or add image size it adds kb
IF you sharpen or unsharpen it adds kb
IF you reduce noise in the photo 100% it lowers kb but very slightly

I use photoshop elements only for the lighting fix and correcting color or else havent done anything with it except trying to lower image quality to post on the web.

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bo, do you have an EDIT, if so click, then go to Adjust click go to RESIZE click Go down to UNIT click down to PIXELS click change the numbers to about 600 to 550 and save as.
Hope its helpfull

Bojangles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WRASSER":ngvl4izf said:
Any luck Bo on those pics?

You know silly me! I got a pm that told me I was overlooking something and sure enough when you save and image in photoshop there is a slider bar that allows you to decrease the image quality and shows you what KB its at. So I just moved it down until it was below 100kb :D

Thanks for all your help everyone! I'm going to take some pictures of the tank tomorrow and post them.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bojangles":19cy818d said:
WRASSER":19cy818d said:
Any luck Bo on those pics?

You know silly me! I got a pm that told me I was overlooking something and sure enough when you save and image in photoshop there is a slider bar that allows you to decrease the image quality and shows you what KB its at. So I just moved it down until it was below 100kb :D

Thanks for all your help everyone! I'm going to take some pictures of the tank tomorrow and post them.
Cool! You know everyone LOVES pictures! :D

Bojangles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bo, when is tomorrow? :?

OMG I'm so sorry! I'm not actually used to anyone looking at my thread so I havent been in any hurry. I feel really bad now but I'll do it right after the lights turn on today, though you might be disappointed :cry:

I'm also afraid to test the tank parameters...I might cry! :oops:

Bojangles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok first off I'm going to post some tank shots. Despite all my practice I havent been able to get very good pictures of the 6ft length.

What do you guys think of the rockwork? Any suggestions on where to move what or structure? I'm never satisfied with it really.

Attachments

• Right side tank 7-06.JPG
    Right side tank 7-06.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 6,390
  • Left side tank 7-06.JPG
    Left side tank 7-06.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 6,394
  • Full tank 7-06.JPG
    Full tank 7-06.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 6,399

Bojangles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I was in the zone and decided to try some macro shots purely for your entertainment :P

I love this coral so much! It draws everyone's attention immediately because of the color. Just to think about a month after I got this I was ready to trade it for about anything and now its my favorite.

Attachments

• Candycane macro2 7-06.JPG
    Candycane macro2 7-06.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 6,385
  • Candycane macro 7-06.JPG
    Candycane macro 7-06.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 6,377
  • Candycane coral 7-06.JPG
    Candycane coral 7-06.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 6,387

Bojangles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures of the new sump design, its alittle low on water but you can see everything clearly.

This is my recovering fiji candycane coral. I epoxied him to his own rock and found a good placement. This picture says a thousand words.

Lastly are the green hairy mushrooms I got from the LFS. It took me about 4 months to persuade him to frag it for me and the opportunity came when they changed locations. I found a single polyp in the gravel of a random tank and offered him $5. Since then its grown about 200% and split into two equal mushrooms.

Attachments

• Green hairy mushroom 7-06.JPG
    Green hairy mushroom 7-06.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 6,375
  • Candycane2 coral 7-06.JPG
    Candycane2 coral 7-06.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 6,377
  • Refug remodel 7-06.JPG
    Refug remodel 7-06.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 6,380

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job on the pics. Bo, keep on sending them too. The tank looks real good now. Water is nice and clear. The corals and fish seem to be happy too :wink:

Bojangles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":hymcfo5l said:
Yeah, it looks great! That candy cane you wanted to trade is awesome! :D

Thanks guys! You know that coral didn't look anything like that back when I thought about trading it. If you want to see what it looked like in the beginning you'd have to go to page 5 for my before and afters or I think page 3 is when I first got it.

I got my new pumps and my replacement light strip last night so I'll install those today and see how everything goes. I should do a 5g wc just to collect all the left over debris from the dsb removal.

Bojangles

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've been thinking about it for months and it turns out I'm going to try and join the AirForce. Unfortunately that means I have to sell the tank and everything: Additives, LR, lighting ect.

If anyone is interested in buying the whole set-up or most of it let me know. I'm not going to piece everything until I have a date set for deployment. Hope for the best heh.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: