onegreenray

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
bluwsquamossasecondbatchclam3-07004.jpg

clamcrazy

king of all clams
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the more i look at this clam the more i belive it not to be a true blue squamosa, looking at it thur the glass will give it a blue apperence but if you look at it from the top down it is green. the 12k bulbs will make it look more blue, but take that out and i think the true color of this clam to be green.

Attachments

• truecolor.jpg
    truecolor.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 109

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Deanos, great article and great find. Note the Solomons are only importing alot (since have stopped) becasue they are culturing them, not becasue they have been pulling them from the wild like they have been in Vanuatu, the MArshalls, Fiji etc.

Ray, not sure if I would sell it at all quite honestly (if it were mine). Even if I found one (let's say from a client) I would likely keep it. Guess that says the value can't be priced for me.

Generally speaking, though, the MR community doesn't drop 8 small on a clam - there are only one or two that might (and have the systems that can maintain one that size) but even then, that is a large number to pay. That is just an observation based on no empirical evidence, just observation over the years here on MR.

That last pic is nice - you running 20k's?

If I had to put a price on it, I would say under $300 - but that's just me, and no reflection on what it may be actually worth. I tend to underprice :banghead:

House

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
trust me i have seen greens, feel free to stop by, i'll pm you my addy and cell number. on that note good night guys i am done with the debate.

All, please do not post anything further unless you are interested in buying the clam. the seller has stated the price and that's his prerogative.

thanks.

-jhale

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I seen that clam in person once or twice and I am not color blind, that clam is blue.

Ray, people here can't affort what you want. No need to try to convince them its color. I know is blue and I can't drop $800 on it. Check with Warren in a few months, he should be ready for it in the new house.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: