• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
I was thinking that.....but Deen's old "hand-me-down" Reefsux bulb is working fine.

1 Hammy was about 4 months old, the other new.
The new ones resistor is off on one side at the solder point.

Hov:
Shuddup!
:mad:

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Phil-e - if it weren't frisy I could have them to you by tomorrow - hands down - sorry bro, definately could be a hammy issue - I hate those bulbs - I would see if anyone had a used 250 bulb anykind and see if they run on a regular basis - sounds like you may be/or already have done that.

Good luck.

House

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
fill I have a bunch of old 250 SE 10K EVC's you can try.
I also have a new XM10K I bought from tony for $30, you
can buy it for the same price. lmk.
I know you said 12K but if your stuck...

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
You should figure out what type of ballast you have before blowing more bulbs. There are two kind of magnetic ballast, some bulbs will fire with either but won't last too long.

Lamp:
Probe Start Lamp
A traditional or probe start metal halide lamp has an internal starting electrode or probe. A high open circuit voltage from the ballast initiates an arc between the two starting electrodes at one end of the arc tube. Once the lamp reaches full output, a bi-metal switch closes to short out the probe and discontinues the staring arc. Pulse Start Lamp
A pulse start lamp has an improved arc tube design and an increased fill pressure. An ignitor in the pulse start system delivers a high voltage pulse directly across the lamp’s operating electrodes to start the lamp, eliminating the probe and bi-metal switch needed in probe start lamps.

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Jimbo- Thanks.:)

Jon & Melt- will be sending a PM.

Pierce- I'm on an Ice-Cap that is about a year old.

Fred:

I used the new bulb about 1 week, then it went out (see the pic below on the resistor).
The older bulb was about 4 months old & is no longer sparking. It has a red tint towards the bottom & some metal particles inside from a piece that use to be completely circle (see pic).

DSC_4576.JPG

older bulb:

DSC_4577.JPG

DSC_4579.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: