Status
Not open for further replies.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
It really comes down to humanity as a whole. Parents aren't "allowed" to discipline their children the way we were disciplined/taught to respect other's back in the day. I'm only 30 so I'm not THAT old, but parenting/childhood has changed a lot. There are a lot more broken homes, and many, many other issues that we didn't face back then. Fact is fact...these younger generations are completely out of control and parents back then for the most part had their children under control. I don't/wouldn't ever agree with abusing a child, but teaching discipline/respect/right/wrong/manners need to become a priority again.

Basic manners such as "Yes ma'am/sir" "please" "thank you" are non-existent nowadays. H*ll even holding a door for someone goes ignored...zero appreciation.

You even see parents allowing their children to have sex, do drugs, drink under their roof and in their presence. I wouldn't be breathing if I had pulled any of that.

I don't want to take the thread off topic or turn it into a debate because there will be many differences of opinion. Not on the forum to become anyone's enemy.

The numbers have now changed to 20 babies and 6 adults.

I'm really getting pissed that the media continues to shove cameras in these children's faces. Haven't they been through enough already? smh I understand the need for the coverage, but these very young children have been traumatized enough...have some respect and keep the camera's out of their faces.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Someone please tell me how this kid emotionally reached this stage of his life without someone noticing or doing something. To take the life of any individual is unthinkable but to shoot your Mother, Your Father 20 INNOCENT children and now his girlfriend is listed as missing is deplorable. The ball was dropped with this monster many times by many people.

Before you put your kids to sleep tonight hug them like you have never hugged them before. Tell them you love them with all your heart. There are 40 Mothers and Fathers who won't be able to do that tonight.

Raise my taxes do what you need to do but if it means we need to have an armed guard in every one of our schools than so be it.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
It's sad that you can acquire a gun or assault rifle easier than you can find corals!!

nicely done, this topic could use a touch of light heartedness, even though it wasnt meant to be lighthearted (i dont think)
its absolutely sickening and we will never know the answers but worse than that neither will the loved ones left to grieve this senseless COWARDLY act.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Saw this and felt it fitting...thought I'd share...author unknown...

"I didn?t know your name, I never saw your face,
I never got to see you smile, or get to watch you play.
I never got to walk with you or watch you board the bus,
I never got to kiss your head and tell you that you?re loved.

I never got to know you, we were worlds apart,
But on this tragic day, you?ve a place in my heart.
Your smile was robbed, your laughter stole away,
But it is upon angel?s wings, you rest your head today.

Take peace now, innocent one, worry not yourself,
For it is in the arms of a nation, your love can now be felt.
We may never understand the evil, which struck your life today,
But know that through remembrance, you?re never far away.

?Tis your turn now, our little ones,
To smile down from above,
Kiss mommy, kiss daddy,
Tell them it?s okay,
and they are forever loved.

Now in peaceful rest, may you take, your place amongst the stars.
Your memory never forgotten, always safe, kept in our hearts.
It is with a solemn duty, to you we make this vow,
To find the evil you met today, And with vengeance strike it down.

~~To the memory of all 27 of the innocent lives lost today at Sandy Hook Elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, with special dedication to the children. A nation mourns your loss today, our thoughts a prayers to your families and your community. May you all rest in peace."

Affordable Aquatic

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
It's sad that you can acquire a gun or assault rifle easier than you can find corals!!

Actually, this statement doesnt make any sense. Sorry.
Connecticut has had an assault weapons ban since the 90s. We also have some of the toughest gun laws in the country. You might also remember that Connecticut was the home of the failed Times Square bomber. We even have laws prohibiting the construction of bombs. Obviously, there arent any laws that will prevent these horrible acts of violence committed by evil people. The events bear that out.

Lets not lose sight of the fact that families have been destroyed not because of an inanimate object, but because sick, evil people do evil things. Maybe instead of a debate about whether guns should be allowed in society, maybe we should start to debate why our society is has become so violent and why voilence is often laughed at.

Take a moment and look at all the Youtube videos of teens beating each other up while friends gather and cheer, look at our culture that glorifies gangs, and music that encourages pimping and beating hoes.

This horrible tragedy that has happened right in my back yard is a sad indicator of a real problem in our society. A problem much greater than the tools used to commit them .

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Connecticut has had an assault weapons ban since the 90s. We also have some of the toughest gun laws in the country. You might also remember that Connecticut was the home of the failed Times Square bomber. We even have laws prohibiting the construction of bombs. Obviously, there arent any laws that will prevent these horrible acts of violence committed by evil people. The events bear that out.

Lets not lose sight of the fact that families have been destroyed not because of an inanimate object, but because sick, evil people do evil things. Maybe instead of a debate about whether guns should be allowed in society, maybe we should start to debate why our society is has become so violent and why voilence is often laughed at.

Take a moment and look at all the Youtube videos of teens beating each other up while friends gather and cheer, look at our culture that glorifies gangs, and music that encourages pimping and beating hoes.

This horrible tragedy that has happened right in my back yard is a sad indicator of a real problem in our society. A problem much greater than the tools used to commit them .

My sentiments exactly...

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
this is nuts..... when will the insanity stop? people really need to just shoot themselves and leave others alone when they have problems. I feel so bad for the families and parents of those poor kids and adults who where killed :(. when i heard about this at work i was shocked and felt sick to my stomach that such a monster could do that to another person and precious children..... i guess with hard times things keep getting worse :banghead:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I agree Tony. Kill yourself if your that angry. Why harm innocent children or anyone for that matter. The family is now telling authorities that he had mental problems!?! And they did nothing about it, no alarm bells went off. This guy just had guns and camo in the home and they didn't think this was strange?

Really a damn shame!

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Yes but without guns , all you have is an angry person that can be subdued !!! And despite bans on guns !! People can still get them!! Easier than ever , 380 caliber pistols in red hook Brooklyn, 9mms just go to the lower east side , you want a calico machine gun just go to queens , it's not about the weapons , it's about the acts of violence that are increasingly getting more and more viciouse!! Society has no control over the human mind and what makes it snap !! I work in a hospital I see the insanity in the psych wards!! It's always there !! It's just true madness!

The point of this thread...as a parent...was to send heartfelt condolences to those involved...not to turn this thread into a debate on gun laws, their availability, etc. So please, show some respect for the victims and their families and take that mess elsewhere.

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
actually, this statement doesnt make any sense. Sorry.
Connecticut has had an assault weapons ban since the 90s. We also have some of the toughest gun laws in the country. You might also remember that connecticut was the home of the failed times square bomber. We even have laws prohibiting the construction of bombs. Obviously, there arent any laws that will prevent these horrible acts of violence committed by evil people. The events bear that out.

Take a moment and look at all the youtube videos of teens beating each other up while friends gather and cheer, look at our culture that glorifies gangs, and music that encourages pimping and beating hoes.

+++100

jcono

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The point of this thread...as a parent...was to send heartfelt condolences to those involved...not to turn this thread into a debate on gun laws, their availability, etc. So please, show some respect for the victims and their families and take that mess elsewhere.

I have noticed other forums (not reef related ones) are not even allowing posts about today's events, because they just turn into gun control and political debates.
God Bless the families of these babies.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0

+1,000,000 Nicely said

Russ

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Why does anything shock you guys? Exactly why I don't watch the news. It's either about snookie and her kid or something like this.

NO act, none after what I've done and where I've been in my life surprise me EVER. Only thing that does sometimes surprise me is where it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: