Status
Not open for further replies.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I can't believe this continues to happen. As a Mom who loves and lives for her children, my heart, prayers and condolences go out to the victims and the families of Sandy Hook Elementary. This is so sad, especially so close to the holidays. They're saying 18 babies and 8 adults were killed. Poor babies. :(

A school is supposed to be like a second home while our children pursue their education and we can't even feel safe and secure while they're there anymore. :( It is a sick world we live in. I will never understand why/how someone could justify hurting a child. smh

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
As a father of two, this is the worst news to hear.......

Instead of worrying about them getting to school, now you worry about them in school.

Terrible times we live in folks..........

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Now they're saying that the shooter's mother was a kindergarten teacher at the school and most of the shooting went down in her classroom. It makes it even worse that this teacher dedicated her life to children, and her own child was the monster here. They're also saying that the shooter's father may be dead in his home.

The possible second shooter was the shooter's younger brother that they are questioning.

I can't even imagine what these poor parents/families are going through. They only received an automated message stating that the school was on lock down and that there was a possible shooter. I just can't even imagine. I'd lose it.

I'm not usually so emotional because things in the news no longer shock me...watching the news in tears...this is innocent children and I'm a mom of 3.

Oh my god I can't wait to hug my kids today when I pick them up at the bus stop.

Chief...I feel the same way! I pulled mine close and reminded them how much they mean to me. The typical misbehavior, etc. that our children put us through at times is all non-factor at moments like this.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
When does this end?
When will we get to the point that we do something about this?
Why is it the pile of bodies gets higher but no rational thoughts are entertained?
My cousin has two kids in the other Newtown CT elementary school but this could have been much worse for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: