Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Wow!!!! I don't post much on MR but I am on here from day to day reading and learning from everyone's experiences and expertise, and I must say that it is sad that this thread was probably the most visited and responded to all day!!!!

Timbo- sometimes a certain topic is on the minds of many that have had to deal with it in the past or present and are fed up, and when 1 finally pops the cork, this happens.

This site is full of great people with lots of knowledge and many of those people have it seems felt strongly about it for a while I guess.

This was your thread that I had read that you went with physical threats--its the comment by mr.x that read the pms you talked about jaa, plus all the other things youve posted at many people that Ive read in the past. I spent A LOT of time on here when I first joined due to nursing back MAJOR multiple injuried from my motorcycle wreck so I got to read a lot of what youve posted around..ANyway jaa heres the thread:

And Jimmy I never threatened anyone ever on here, so I have no clue where that is coming from.
Youre right it wasnt on here but I remembered reading someone saying you did type physical threat type stuff in pm's- hence my comment about what mr.x wrote in the thread.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/72420-ban-threatend-renegade-reefers.html

Remember TRUE victims try to ESCAPE a situation that an attacker throws them into- they dont debate driving 2 hours to start trouble.

I honestly dont have anything against you personally, just that you do troll around and kind of chase trouble. Im guilty of it in this thread, but weve had our history so I figured Id throw it in, I did so Im done good luck.

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Its always going to be fun dubs. Just look at the way the swaps go. A situation comes up- its dealt with and all is peaceful again on the homefront

In all seriuosness jaa good luck with any and all things you got goin on and hopefully you can square away issues. Off to do a w/c

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Wow!!!! I don't post much on MR but I am on here from day to day reading and learning from everyone's experiences and expertise, and I must say that it is sad that this thread was probably the most visited and responded to all day!!!!
Car accidents tend to draw spectators in much the same way...

Timbo is definitely correct in that this thread has become pretty confrontational, and it doesn't become this community :(. If someone is genuinely causing trouble, I trust our mods to take action. Until then, we really should try to avoid open conflicts on what is perceived, correctly, as a welcoming and helpful community board.

Not telling anyone what to do... just appealing to reason.

Cheers,
Avi

Rating - 100%
4   0   0

+1
I saw it when it started and had a feeling it would happen though...
Mods, maybe you could take who was actually offended by the person and talk to them about it via PM, instead of making this all so public. I just don't see the reason to leave it like this. Nothing against you guys, but for example if someone got in a fight at school, the administrators don't bring them in front of the whole school in an assembly and yell at them... Think about it. Not trying to say this thread is wrong, because I do know that he called himself out and actions were taken privately before this thread was started, but I can imagine that the mods aren't having too much fun with the problems being caused by the thread or the people arguing on it.

Last edited:

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Car accidents tend to draw spectators in much the same way...

Timbo is definitely correct in that this thread has become pretty confrontational, and it doesn't become this community :(. If someone is genuinely causing trouble, I trust our mods to take action. Until then, we really should try to avoid open conflicts on what is perceived, correctly, as a welcoming and helpful community board.

Not telling anyone what to do... just appealing to reason.

Cheers,
Avi

You are both correct, it is in the mods hands now that they can see how many members feel strongly about one of our members who seems to stir the pot for open confrontation and any chance he gets (and will resort to sending really nasty PMs too just to cover his private confrontation quota, I know of at least 3 people he has done this to) , but then when someone calls him out, he plays the "whoa is me victim card."

You've got the tough guy posturing here http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/72420-ban-threatend-renegade-reefers.html , then there is the Paul B thread from today where Jaa swears to him that Paul told him (in PMs) false info about Paul's own tank here http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/advanced-reefs/87014-new-copperband-died.html . And of course, who could forget the MP-60 debacle here http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/saltwater-critters/85715-vortech-mp60wes-saltwater-critters.html . Or how about him poopooing one of the members we are lucky to have, Rich Ross, for no discernible reason but to create controversy here http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum...keeping-part-2-magic-bottle-richard-ross.html or how about here http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/nudibar/86430-ufc-121-lesner-vs-velasquez-play.html when Jaa's post is deleted but he replied to Thanes generous offer to comp any MR member to his awesome bar by stating he would love to watch the fight... but not there...why would he do this if he didn't just love to stir the pot? This is not to mention the countless threads and posts of his that have been erased.

So why do I waste my time bringing all of this up? I'm sick of his antics, he has been harassing me with PMs (only for a week thankfully) and hijacking other people's (informative) threads for a months now. It was a bit amusing at first, it is not anymore. I'm sorry I had to stoop to this level but I feel strongly that people should get the full picture. Anyone who knows me on this site knows what kind of person I am, this is me at my worst... thanks Jaa, you are bringing a lot to this site.

-James

I'm done now, not taking the high road because I did post this, but that is it. Mods, I'd appreciate if you didn't delete this post but understand if you do. You won't hear anymore from me on this subject.

Last edited:

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Well I for one will not be donating to MR till this clown is banned from the site. I joined back in 07 and this past year MR has took a turn for the worse. As helpful and as entertaining as MR is there is just way to much drama on here lately and it is starting to get annoying. This site use to be about learning,helping and sharing ideas not starting a pissing contest every chance you get. Very sad...

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Well I for one will not be donating to MR till this clown is banned from the site. I joined back in 07 and this past year MR has took a turn for the worse. As helpful and as entertaining as MR is there is just way to much drama on here lately and it is starting to get annoying. This site use to be about learning,helping and sharing ideas not starting a pissing contest every chance you get. Very sad...
Yet again another member calling me a name, A Member that I have never had a problem with, Lenny I even gave you a list of LFS in NJ that you have never been to or heard to and now one of them you visit weekly, Hmmm seems all I did was help you out. Yet you jump on the band wagon. As for Jimmy I remember nothing of threatning you or anyone else, I also remember the talk about the fire dept. And it was a friendly talk and I remember just asking if you knew my buddy out there in Hicksville. It's funny how you turn and twist things. I'm really surprised at you LENNY, man I would have never helped you out if I knew you would just go with the masses to make yourself look better. This THREAD NEEDS TO BE CLOSED. For those of you that I have never had a problem with and thats almost everyone on here. There is more going on then you know about, But the few who started this thread and keep posting on here are only telling half of the story and also making up lies as they go. WOW I know you guys are buddies and it is a shame that a group of you got together to do this after I offended one of you. You wanna talk about BULLLYING then what is this? I just won't go run and hide like others you guys BULLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: